Need help decoding some of this article about Belen Echandia

1. Here is the snippet of the article: I have highlighted the parts that I dont understand.

Belen Echandia's gorgeous handbags have been going down a storm, so much so
    that they are now taking bespoke colour orders for most styles. This particular
    item is both stylish and practical, with compartments for your mobile,
    even for a wet umbrella, as well as a super-comfortable shoulder strap. It even has
    a detachable logo, but if you own one of these babies, why wouldn't you want
    people to know? It's yours ...

I get the main idea(s) of the article but I wanted to know what those two highlighted parts meant, if anyone could tell me.

Also, I had another question..does anyone know how much the BE Love Me bags cost at the recent sample sale?

TIA:heart:

2. Hi Gung,

Where did you get this article from? Can you post a link of it because I really don't understand it at all. Maybe I'm not following it.

I have the BE Love Me in dark grey and it is one of the most gorgeous bags I've ever owned. I believe there were a couple from the sample sale for about $500 and one red one in the $250-$300 range? Can't say I remember for sure....

Is this for an eBay listing by chance or was it from a particular website?

3. Gung! Baby!!!

When I read this article, it strikes me as someone who has written a very poor "translated" copy of an original article.

And Gung! It's about time you got around to the BE lounge!!!!! :lol:

4. I Googled the word "bespoke" and it turns out to be British English according to the wiki.

DEFINITION:

I would take that to mean that BE is taking custom orders for the bag.

I Google "going down a storm" as well. That phrase seems to mean something was a smashing hit, a big success.

Here are the references: (2nd being more informative)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/going+down+a+storm

http://expling.blogspot.com/2004/09/going-down-storm.html

5. I've heard the word "bespoke" used in reference to custom tailored men's clothing, so I would assume it here it means you can choose and order your bag colors.

6. "Going down a storm" makes no sense. "Bespoke" does, but it is used oddly. As Contessa said, it sounds like an article poorly translated into english.

7. going down a storm is probably just a poor translation! LM ftw :smile:

8. Ladies -- these are all English expressions. Bespoke refers to: made to order. Going down a storm means: a big hit.

9. True. The British use many expressions that aren't as familiar in the US.

Actually, I've re-read it, and it makes perfect sense to me now. It's not a translation at all.

10. i've lived here for 3 years and i've never heard 'going down a storm'!