Need help choosing bag

1. Hello! I am new here. I love so many purses, but can't pull some of the great ones off because I am only 5'. I was hoping that you could help me pick between two bags. I am looking for a black leather bag that will be classic and versatile. I am between the classic woven Bottega Veneta hobo and the medium Gucci horsebit hobo. Let me know what you think between those two or if you have other recommendations. Thanks!

2. I have the Gucci medium horsebit hobo in the brown jacquard fabric and love it. I used it yesterday as a matter of fact. I would go for that. It's timeless and it goes w/ everything. The BV's are nice too but I don't own one so I can't speak of it personally.

3. Jasanna, are you talking about the beige/ebony gucci fabric? I'm curious to know how it holds up in the weather, does it dirty easily, etc.

4. i have the gucci horsebit hobo one in suede. it's really nice, but i haven't used it yet, because i'm afraid of the suede getting ruined. i will take it out one of these days!

5. I am barely 5'1" and I tried on the Gucci horsebit hobo at the Gucci store near me. However, I decided to go with a slightly smaller bag. I think they call it the "Jackie" bag because Jackie Kennedy Onassis used to carry it. I liked this bag on me more than the horsebit style. I also have a Bottega Veneta bag in a different style. Either bag you decide to get you will be getting a classic. Bottega Veneta's leather is to die for! Here is a pic of my Gucci bag. (The one on the right is a tote by Tod's.)
    [​IMG]

6. Here is pic of my Bottega Veneta. (The bag on the left is a Kate Spade.) The bag is a deep chocolate brown. It looks black in the pic.
    [​IMG]

7. Um, I'm talking about the GG fabric that you see on most bags? Are we talking about the same one? If so, mine hasn't dirtied at all since I've had it over a year ago and I've even placed it on the floor and the forbidden airport conveyer belt:push: . Not one mark yet and it seems real durable. Mine has held up verrrrry well in inclement weather. Hopefully we're talking about the same fabric :p .

8. y'all are. beige/ebony is what they call it on the gucci website