Need hair color suggestions, please!

1. I have light blonde hair that has been getting darker with age. I used to just get highlights but starting last January I had my stylist dye my hair light blonde and she puts lighter highlights in it. I have to get my roots done at least every 5 weeks and it's starting to get on my nerves. Sooooo, what color would be best suited for me to avoid having to do my roots as often and would work best with my skin coloring? I'm really fair....

[​IMG]

I was thinking like a wheat color or a lighter brown with blonde highlights....

I also have naturally wavy hair that I've been straightenig with a Chi iron for a loooong time--I'm thinking it's time to go back to curly but today I decided to see what it would look like and there are parts of my hair that are curly and parts that are completely straight and some half curly/half straight. Would asking for a body wave help get my curl back? My hair is a touch longer than in that picture. I'd like loose waves not tight curls.

I just don't know what to do! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Amy

2. I love the idea of a soft brown with natural looking highlights. I think it would great on you!! Still a level of maintance for sure but I think if you were able to match your base color and then highlight you could go for a bit longer between salon visits! Let us know what you do!

3. Oh dear you have my exact same problem. You should check out my post, it's toward the top of the board. I have very fair skin as well (naturally a brunette, but went blonde so that I didn't look too "sickly"). I'm just so tired of the upkeep and having roots all the time that I decided to go back to brunette. This is the color I decided on...

[​IMG]

I think something along those lines would look great on you too. You have that Rose McGowan coloring...sort of a pinkish hue to your skin. You'd look striking with dark hair.

4. Ask them to do a light ash blonde, or various tones thereof. It will look good with your pink skin, I think, and give the gray very little contrast when it comes in.

Blondes have a tremendous advantage in this area, and can go much longer than brunettes without a touchup.

For instance, before two weeks are up, the top of my head looks like I am paying homage to a skunk.

5. :roflmfao: That was funny! I wish I could just do my hair myself but I know I'd screw it up so bad! My girls have appointments on Friday so I'm going to 'consult' with her because my appt. is the following Tuesday! I can't decide what to do....she's a really good stylist so I''m sure she won't do me wrong, I'm just afraid that if I go darker I'm going to hate it!

Thanks for your input everyone!

Amy