Need expert opinions on Cherry Blossom print!!

Oh my the bag does seemto be authentic, but t sure does look like someone drew on the eyes of the blossom. If I were you I would get a refund from the ebay seller, and use that money to but a different lv bag that does not have the default.

A few years ago I purchased an authentic CB retro from a seller, and when I recieved it i notices that the blossoms on the flap of the bag were a darker colour pink to the blossoms on the bottom part of the bag. It must have been due to the different cuts in fabric. It was totally authentic but just had this default,and I could notice it so much that I decided that I did not want the bag.Therefore I actually sold it and another boardie brought it from me because she did not mind the defect. And it actually had tons and tond of blossoms on it.

Here is a pic of the diffent coloured blossoms(see how the blossomson the flap are pinkeir than the colour it should be on the rest of the bag).

P1010594.jpg

Kimmy your CB Retro was lovely! :tup::love:

Why bother going to LV to authenticate? Do you really want to keep the bag? It's bothering you and it would definitely bother me. You should be totally happy with your purchase. The seller should have disclosed this flaw...

To be honest, I do want to keep it if it's authentic. I've been looking for this bag with this particular Cherry Blossom pattern for a long time. On top of that, this bag is in absolutely excellent condition. The inside is pristine. The outside is almost perfect except that big round eye blossom.

I'm thinking that if it's authentic, I will keep it and if it's true that someone use a sharpie to draw on the eyes, it should easily be removed with some kind of solvent.

I'll let you guys know what the store manager says.

Does anyone have a CB retro with this Cherry Blossom pattern?

Attachments

• IMG_3262 copy.jpg
    IMG_3262 copy.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 138
Oh my the bag does seemto be authentic, but t sure does look like someone drew on the eyes of the blossom. If I were you I would get a refund from the ebay seller, and use that money to but a different lv bag that does not have the default.

A few years ago I purchased an authentic CB retro from a seller, and when I recieved it i notices that the blossoms on the flap of the bag were a darker colour pink to the blossoms on the bottom part of the bag. It must have been due to the different cuts in fabric. It was totally authentic but just had this default,and I could notice it so much that I decided that I did not want the bag.Therefore I actually sold it and another boardie brought it from me because she did not mind the defect. And it actually had tons and tond of blossoms on it.

Here is a pic of the diffent coloured blossoms(see how the blossomson the flap are pinkeir than the colour it should be on the rest of the bag).

P1010594.jpg

Wow.. I've never seen that some blossoms can have darker colors than others on the same bag. And yes, it is quite noticeable that the ones on the flap are much pinkier than the ones on the body.

This makes me think that no matter how much tightly controlled LV is regarding the quality and esthetics of their products, there's always a chance that things like this can slip out of their factory to the customers.

A few months ago I saw a Murakami MOCA round coin purse on eBay that does not have a key chain attached to it. Instead of returning or exchanging it, the seller sold it on eBay and advertised that feature as a rarity or some kind of an artifact that was hard to come by. And it was sold for a good price. I should have kept the photos.

Maybe someone should start a thread on irregular Louis Vuitton that slipped out of their factory and did not get destroyed. That should be very interesting:yes:.

Does anyone have a CB retro with this Cherry Blossom pattern?

I wouldn't think so, because as far as I know, the patterns on the bags are never exactly alike. This is one of the ways in which you can determine an authentic one from a fake one...a lot of the fakes you see have the exact same pattern (i.e. they examined only one bag out of the unknown number of those made, so a lot of the fakes end up with the same pattern).

Wow.. I've never seen that some blossoms can have darker colors than others on the same bag. And yes, it is quite noticeable that the ones on the flap are much pinkier than the ones on the body.

This makes me think that no matter how much tightly controlled LV is regarding the quality and esthetics of their products, there's always a chance that things like this can slip out of their factory to the customers.

A few months ago I saw a Murakami MOCA round coin purse on eBay that does not have a key chain attached to it. Instead of returning or exchanging it, the seller sold it on eBay and advertised that feature as a rarity or some kind of an artifact that was hard to come by. And it was sold for a good price. I should have kept the photos.

Maybe someone should start a thread on irregular Louis Vuitton that slipped out of their factory and did not get destroyed. That should be very interesting:yes:.

Yes I think a thread like that would be interesting. However to me it was very obvious the fault , I too thought oh this is a rare, but I also thught it made the bag look fake -- thats why I sold it and re-brought the cb retro . But it did have the most amazing CB pattern - It had tons of Cbs on it and petals .:Push: