Need CELL PHONE help!

1. OK so this is basically a mystery... As of 1am last night, my cell phone can only work OUTSIDE OF MY HOUSE...

all of a sudden last night, at around 1am I tried to make a call, and it was very static-y and garbeled and I couldnt even hear the ringing when I made an outgoing call.. ok, thought it was a 1 time thing.. now this morning, I tried to make more calls and it was the same thing...

So I call T-Mobile and they troubleshoot and cant find the issue.. they tell me to go to a TMobile store.. ok.. so on my way there, I get a call and everything is fine, I can hear well and everything is great.. I can even make clear outgoing calls... so I thought that the problem was fixed.. nope, as soon as I get in my house and try to test it, same thing.. static and garbling and nothing is clear...

It has been working for years and I dont know why all of a sudden last night there would be a problem...

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone in the cell phone business care to give some advice, thanks

2. Not an expert on cell phone by any means, but maybe there's something in your house that's causing interference? Wifi, radio, satellite, any new electronics that were just installed? Or even maybe a neighbor installed? Or maybe T-Mobile can tell you if they changed anything in your neighborhood lately.

3. Also, have you turned your phone off, left it off for awhile, and turned it back on? It may just need to reconnect to the tower.

4. ^^^ yeah! Do you have a friend on t-mobile who could come to your place and test if it is a phone thing or a t-mobile thing? Also people on other networks to see if it is a general disturbance or t-mobile? (It is interesting to know if the same thing happens with Sprint/Verizon as with ATT/t-mobile - since they use different ?frequencies? ).

5. I had that happen to me a few weeks ago. Sprint tried to update the software but the phone wouldn't allow it. They were going so replace it with a refurbished phone but since that model isn't availale anymore I purchased a new one. Hope your problem stops.

6. ^^thanks for all the suggestions everyone... TMobile is going to do a check to see if its something in the neighborhood... whats strange is that it works outside of my house, in my car etc.. just not in my house.. I dunno whats going on :sad:

7. Evidently something in the house is interfering. Did anyone buy any new electronics..perhaps a wireless card or cordless phone?

8. Ok, apparantly now it wont work in my town, but will work in all the neigboring towns....?? Theyre sending someone out to look at the tower...

9. Have you tried manually connecting to your network? Most phones are on automatic but I find it helps to manually connect if you are having network problems. Don't forget to change it back though!

And sounds silly but try turning off your phone, take out your battery, take out your sim and just leave it for a little bit. I don't know why it helps exactly but when I worked for a cell phone company and had to deal with customer's phones not working, I did this often and 90% of the time it worked.