Need Advice

LipGlossQueen

Jan 31, 2008
I originally posted this in the wrong place(PCE section) so I just reposted here.

I purchased a large signature carly in brass/khaki/black in July 2007 from Macys. I am very careful with my bags but on the top of the bag where the fabric folds over the top towards the zipper, the fabric is frayed. It looks like a little hole but its not all the way through. I just noticed a second spot doing this. I called coach and was told that my macys had to handle the situation. Well, lucky for me, I have a great relationship with the coach SA at Macys. Basically, I can get a brand spanking new Carly. Same as my current one. But, should I? I'm a little worried that the same thing may happen again. Has this happened to anyone else? Then I thought maybe for the same price, I would get the med. carly in black leather. BUT, I love the large sig one. Since it has black leather and brown signature, it goes with everything. They have the same replacement in stock, but not the black med. leather. Only brown leather. Should I wait for a black leather?get brown leather or red leather? which are both in stock. What should I do? What would you do? Help, I need advice.

So, you can get the signature print, but only with brown leather, not black like you had? I'd wait to get the black leather, because, as you said, it goes with everything. I also really like the red leather, though! Regarding the frayed fabric, I recently rec'd a small chocolate carly as a gift, so I don't know if fabric issues are common (but I don't recall having read that it is). Good luck with your decision! :smile:

I was just reading in another thread, about fraying occuring on the bottom corners of the carly sig. bags. I have a med khaki/black, and have not had any fraying problems-yet.
I have had it for about 6 mo give or take? HMM, thats a hard decision! I don't know what i would do! Choose whichver one you think you will be happiest w/, don't settle for one you don't think you like as well? sorry i can't be more helpfull!

Ooohh, I was just coming back to say that I read another thread about fraying (must be same one Jkm read). It's a fairly recent one--the poster was asking whether to get a carly sig. or leather.

Fraying is a common problem on the signature Carly. There's no guarantee that the same thing won't happen with a new Carly. I have a medium sig Carly, and while I haven't had a fraying issue, I have seen other bags with this problem. Some people think the Carly looks better in signature than leather. Personally, I like the leather Carlys. I think the leather is pretty durable and will hold up well. I think it really depends on your preference and what you're more comfortable with and whether it would bother you if the same thing started happening with a new sig Carly. There is a sizeable difference between the medium and large sizes, so you might want to think about that too. If you're used to carrying the large, the medium might be too small for you. Good luck and let us know what you decide!