Need Advice

1. Hi everyone. I'm really close to getting an offer for a new job that pays a lot more money. To celebrate I'm thinking that I want to buy a new purse. I've always been cheap when it comes to purses. First, because my mom never spent money on purses so expensive purses seemed too 'extravagant' to me. Second because generally speaking I don't like many purses. I always end up settling for something that kind of works but at least it wasn't expensive. I even stroll through the purse section of nice department stores and nothing really catches my eye.

But now I want to splurge on something. I'd like something that I can wear with a suit but it needs to go with more casual clothing because it's hard for me to switch purses (I end up forgetting things). I'd like to spend at most around $500. I want something that looks tasteful and understated and not too big or not too small. I'm drawn to bags that are more structured than slouchy. I'm not sure how I feel about purses with logos all over them.

Overall I'm looking for something that says that I'm a professional with a little bit of style, i.e. no boring. Any recommendations for a purse newbie?

Jennifer

2. I am soooo excited for you...handbags have really become a symbol of status and can be quite symbolic of where we are in life. ...not sure where you are located, but, Pretty Pieces of Atlanta offers the BEST customer service I have seen and gives personalized service and advice on anything form jewelry, handbags, eyewear, footwear, bras, panties, etc. I would suggest a call to them...www.prettypiecesofatlanta.com. My life has changed because of them. Good luck to you and congrats on your new found success!

Loving Life!

3. well congrats!!!!
    New jobs are wonderful...especially with MORE pay...
    I think the coach legacy leather is a gorgeous bag
    http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=9087&category_id=889

I usually only spend about 200 on a bag...so i dont have that many suggestions. :yahoo:

4. Hello there and welcome to tPF!! You'll love it here!!

IMO it's best to start with basic black. Not sure where you live, but I love black bags year 'round and they always look great with just about any outfit.

Congrats on your new job! I pulled a few photos from Nordstrom.com and a few other places to get some ideas:

Kate Spade shopper, $190. Perhaps a bit more casual, but it's a good structured look and can hold a few more work essentials:
    [​IMG]

Maxx new York satchel, $198:
    [​IMG]

Cole Haan satchel, $295:
    [​IMG]

MICHAEL Michael Kors satchel, $298:
    [​IMG]
    Monsac tote, $428:
    [​IMG]
    Coach Ergo hobo, $368 (perhaps not as structured as you're looking for...)
    [​IMG]

Coach Ergo tote, $328:
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps with some ideas...good luck and let us know what you decide!

5. i agree with the coach ergo hobo. that goes with normal casual nights out as well as with a suit.

6. Pursegrrl took the Bag out of my mouth...LOL I was going to suggest the Michael Kors Astor Satchel in Black or Brown.

7. WOW that Cole Haan satchel is TDF! :nuts: Can I get one in London?!

8. Congrats on your new job!!! There are sooo many options to choose from and you will get a lovely bag for $500. I'm sure the ladies here will help you find plenty :heart: I however am on a purse ban so I am trying not to browse purses to avoid temptation :sneaky: