Need advice - Prada tote for work

1. Hello,
    I am new to this forum (which is fabulous). I would really appreciate your advice on a the best Prada or Miu Miu tote for work. I am ready to take the plunge and invest in a nice bag for toting my items to and from work. I teach, so I carry folders and a book or two to work. I would like a stylish and unique bag which is still functional and roomy. I am considering the following two:

1. Gauffre Antic tote in black (the rouched one)

2. Miu Miu Spring Satchel

Please let me know which bag you think would be better for a professor who wants a unique functional bag with style. And, if you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks so much![​IMG]
  2. Gauffre for me :smile:
  3. Thank you, BagAngel. I appreciate your input. I see in your signature that you own the Prada Antik (Antic?) Tote in Noce. The Noce seems to be sold out now, but the black is available at NM. Do you like the tote? Do you use it for work? Thanks!
  4. The Gauffre is gorgeous!
  5. Here are the pictures of the two totes (Gauffre tote and Miu Miu Spring tote) I am considering. Please let me know your advice for the better work tote. I'm leaning towards the black Gauffre tote. Thanks!
    Gauffre tote.NM.jpg NMV8931_an.jpg
  6. i think i responded to you on another thread as well...but votes for the spring tote! ha ha..i hope this counts at 2 votes!
  7. I vote for the spring tote as well :smile:
  8. i'm thinking of getting the miu miu tote too. the prada doesn't come with a strap..

9. Out of the (2) I like the Miu Miu for this reason...carrying books I would want the bag to have a longer strap...However there are gauffre totes that have the (s) straps....Out of the 2 lines..I prefer the gauffre with the (2) straps...JMO..However that Miu Miu is sharp...I love hardware and that gives the bag some bling...

Good luck! Let us know what you decide!!
  10. I like the shoulder strap option on the miu miu, but there is a gauffre tote with a shoulder strap.
  11. The prada's nice but i'd be a bit shocked if my prof brought it into a lecture hall. it's a bit too showy.

hence i vote for miu miu
  12. Hello all,
    Thanks to all of you for your input. It has been so helpful. I've made a decision and decided to go with the Miu Miu Spring Satchel. Much as I love the gauffre look (and I do love it), I think the Spring Satchel is better for my work needs.

Thanks again.