Need advice on this style (hobo)....

1. Here is the auction link;

As you all know I have been looking for the "purse" style but have yet to find one (at least one I can afford). I love Balenciaga leather but do not find the city's shoulder strap long enough for me. For people that have this bag, does it make a good shoulder bag? I have to have a bag that fits comfortably on my shoulder. Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. I do not own this bag- but my friend does, and she loves it! She wears it all the time to work and says it is super light!
  3. Does she wear it on her shoulder? I can not tell from the pictures if it is long enough.
  4. Yes! She wears it on her shoulder (assuming this is the same bag- it is perfect for everyday!) Maybe one of the other members can chime in as there is likely someone who actually owns this and can give you a definitive answer.
  5. OOh, thanks Winona!
  6. It fits very well on the shoulder and is extremely comfortable to carry - it does not slip and I can get my hand in it without having to remove it from my shoulder. That bag looks like it has great leather too, I say go for it. :biggrin:
  7. Thanks Loganz; if you all remember I have purchased and sold three different b-bags because of the fit. I think I may have finally found the right style for me! Yea!!!!
  8. Congrats Becca! Glad you found your match!
  9. I have the hobo in Magenta and it is one of the most practical and comfortable bag I owned. You NEED one :smile:
  10. ditto.
  11. I have one in black and it is fantastic. It sits on your shoulders comfortably and is very roomy. It is also very very light so no shoulder/ neck pain there! :smile: Get it!
  12. I got it! The seller turned the auction into a "buy it now" for me. I paid $900 including shipping. I just hope that was a fair price and that I did not overpay. I will be submitting pictures as soon as I receive the bag. :biggrin:
  13. I'm a little late to this thread, but congrats on your purchase, Becca.

If you are looking for a practical, easy-to-carry b-bag, the hobo/day is far and away the best choice! The purse is pretty, but in terms of functionality, it cannot even begin to compete with the hobo. If you are on the go a lot, and if you are trying to keep your hands free for the kids, this is the perfect bag.

The hobo isn't the sleekest or most refined bag that you will ever find, but it is extremely easy to use. In fact, out of all my b-bags, the one that I grab the most frequently is the hobo.

Like Loganz and the others have said, it very easily fits over the shoulder. It even fits over the shoulder if you are wearing a big bulky coat. When you're bundled up, the purse can be a stretch to get over the shoulder. I hate it when I have to fight with my bags to get them to stay put on my shoulder; you will never have to worry about the hobo sliding off your shoulder (the purse can and does). Once the hobo is on, it sits very comfortably.

The amount of stuff that the hobo can hold is amazing. I'm always shocked by how much I can actually fit in the bag. Again, the purse does not even compare in this regard. I think you made an EXCELLENT choice! I hope you love your new bag.
  14. Congrats Becca! Nice purchase, I'm sure you'll love it.