Need advice on EBay auctions ....

1. Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this thread, but I want to get as much help as possible so I figured I'd post in the general area. Anyways, I'm in a bit of a rut. A few days ago, I had posted a thread in the 'Authenticate This' area for help authenticating a red epi Saint-Jacques and got positive answers from one of the PFers (thanks again!). Here's the link again if you are interested:
    Red Epi Saint-Jacques

Anyways, I emailed the seller asking for some close-up pics of the LV stamp which the seller happily complied to. Checked the pictures, all looks good.

Now here's the tricky part: the seller also told me that they would relist it just for me under Singapore eBay so that they can save money on the listing and fees. However, they said they'd relist with PayPal Echeck only.

I'm not sure what PayPal Echeck is and how safe it is. Can anyone help me here?

Do you think I should go for it?

Thanks so much for your help!
  2. Paypal echeck is just a transfer from your bank account. The only downside is that it takes 3-4 days. Sellers like this because there are no fees charged to them (unlike credit card and instant transfer transactions).
  3. Hello, this is a question that belongs in the eBay forum, which I shall be moving it to ! :yes:
  4. move on. people willing to list and sell 'just for you' is too risky.

5. I agree & since they want you to pay with a echeck you have no way of doing a chargeback if something goes wrong. Don't do it!!
  6. Thanks everyone! I decided not to do it ... if I do decide to purchase the bag it will be through the regular eBay auction not a private listing.

Thanks again-
  7. I think I know what is happening here...

That seller can list for free on Singapore eBay so it worth it for them to end the current listing and start a new one on Singapore eBay. You can still bid on it and win as part of the eBay system.

I would have pushed for payment via CC - the seller wants an echeck b/c they don't incur any fees whereas CC charges them a small percentage, I believe.
  8. Pay with a credit card, if you get scammed, then you can get every penny back. With an echeck, paypal will give you back what they think you deserve.