Need advice - make up kit for college student

1. I went to Sephora.com and was confused and figured the gals on tPF could help me!!

I'm looking for a birthday gift for my 20-year-old niece who is a theatre major at Boston U. I was thinking of getting a "kit" of some sort that includes a couple choices of everything she needs and that comes in a small package so she can easily travel with it. I thought perhaps she could use it when applying make up for some performances, too.

She has very pale skin, blue eyes and recently red-tinted hair. I want to find something that has colors that will work well for her coloring, etc.

I want to spend about $40-$100.

Your suggestions will be appreciated!

2. Unfortunately, stage make-up is completely different from "normal" make-up so I doubt you will be able to find somehting that works for both.

That being said, Benefit make great make-up kits. It's not the best make-up out there but the boxes are pretty!

Some ideas --

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Larger Image

best of benefit: beauty bag essentials

the best of beauty

The best of benefit: beauty bag essentials is the best of beauty at the best value. ...
    See full product details below
    Price: $46.00
    Availability: In Stock
    Quantity: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Add to Wish List Email to a Friend

Product Description:
    The best of benefit: beauty bag essentials is the best of beauty at the best value. This beautiful set includes our best lifting, lengthening, curling mascara, our best eye brightening pencil, and our best bronzer/blush that works on every complexion. (It's what we're known for!) This gift set is all boxed up & ready to go... It's almost too pretty to give away, you might just have to get one for yourself! Limited edition.
    Product details
    • BADgal lash: 8.5 g Net wt. 0.3 oz
    • eye bright: 1.4 g Net wt. 0.05 oz
    • dallas: 12.0 g Net wt. 0.42 oz
    • $46 ($56 value)
    ----

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Larger Image | Views:

big beautiful eyes

an eye contour kit

This little kit with BIG results is all you need to define, contour and enhance your ...
    Price: $32.00
    Availability: In Stock
    Quantity: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Product Description:
    This little kit with BIG results is all you need to define, contour and enhance your eyes. We've included everything you need to "go pro" with the perfect shades and tools to create that coveted contour look that everyone loves. You'll thank us later.
    Product details
    • Voted "most valuable product" by Redbook magazine in 2006
    • Includes illustrated, step-by-step makeup lesson
    • Includes: boi-ing (medium) as a primer, alabaster pink base shadow, cocoa shimmer contour shadow, rich chocolate brown liner shadow, and 2 brushes for easy application.
    ----

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Larger Image

best of benefit: cult faves

the Best of Benefit

We picked three of our most coveted products that are on the pages of every beauty ...

Availability: This item is currently out of stock

Product Description:
    We picked three of our most coveted products that are on the pages of every beauty mag and collected them just for you. The best of benefit: cult faves includes our best perk-me-up powder, our best foundation faker, and our best lip & cheek color that works on every complexion, plus gloss. Plus, it's a value! What more could a gal want? Limited edition.
    Product details
    • dandelion: 10.0 g Net wt. 0.35 oz
    • some kinda gorgeous: 9.5 g Net wt. 0.84 oz
    • pocket pal, benetint: 3.2 ml / 0.11 US fl oz
    • gloss: 2.8 g Net wt. 0.10 oz
    • $56 ($74 value)