Need a new winter wardrobe after loosing weight. Please help!

1. Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the long post but let me start with a little background info.
    I am 27 years old and live in the UK. I am in the process of loosing weight and have lost 13.5lb so far, with 5.5lb still to go. I am approx 5' 10" and used to be a size 14, I am now a size 12, and will be a more comfortable size 12 in a few weeks when the last 5.5lbs dissapear!
    I have spent the last two winters travelling so haven't been at home in winter since 2004. I am therefore in desperate need of a new winter wardrobe and would like some pointers of what to buy and where to go. I live in the north of England (near the Lake District) and don't have a massive choice of shops, but can shop online. My nearest shopping cities are Newcastle and Manchester.
    Anyway, sorry for waffling on. I'm thinking of buying the following:
    Black knee boots (have seen some on Office website)
    Ballet pumps (have seen some beautiful metallic bronze ones in New Look)
    Jeans (for everyday and going out, have seen some nice Ted Baker ones for going out)
    Basic vests, tshirts and long sleeved tops, for layering
    Chunky cardigan (have on of FCUK and Oasis websites)
    ? denim skirt (to wear with tights and ballet pumps/boots)
    Any other suggestions? I have a black winter coat that I could get another season out if, and bought a green John Rocha coat earlier this year in Debenhams sale.
    As you may have noticed, I'm high street all the way as I don't have a massive amount of money to spend.
    I also need some tops but am not sure which styles to go for. Can anyone else offer any ideas? All help greatly received. Tia, Rachael.

2. I'm battling this too actually. I've lost 150+ pounds, down from 265 lbs to a meer 100. Last fall I was mid-weigt loss and was around a size 12 - and now, being a size 0 - I'm trying to buy new fall and winter clothes and just feeling overwhelmed! But I've had great help from the TPF gals so, you're in good hands :p

The tip I learned from Oprah was to ask yourself, with each purchase, "is this classic? Which means 'can this be worn for more than one season'? and 'will this go with other things I've already got in my wardobe?'" I've been buying simple sweaters, a nice pea coat, a few dresses... I've got a pair of skinny jeans... juicy couture lounge pants for college life and around the house...

Still in search of a good classic cardigan and/or sweater wrap. :yes: GL!

3. Thank you for those suggestions, those boots are fab and look very comfy!

4. Oh my goodness! Congratulations on your weight loss, that is amazing :tup:.
    I tend to buy neutral colours that can be worn together with other items in my wardrobe. It's just overwhelming to be starting from scratch!
    A quick note to UK girls, I've just bought Glamour magazine and Glamour week starts on September 3rd. There is 20% off in various shops either all week or on certain days of that week e.g. Office (which is where I've seena nice pair of boots), Oasis, Warehouse, H&M, Principles etc and some can also be used online.

5. I think toast.co.uk has nice, comfy and pretty clothes, boden.co.uk is also another great site. I think your list of what to buy is great considering basics, but don't you want something fab to show of your new body? Denim skirts are nice, but why not buy a pencil skirt instead? Its a classic and sexy too :smile: H&M, Zara and Mango have nice pencil skirts :yes:

6. I think I probably do! I have to get out of the habit of hiding behind my clothes and showing off a bit instead, but it's a hard habit to break.
    having said that, I do need basics, but I see your point and I should definitley treat myself to something fabulous :graucho:! Thanks for those suggestions :smile:

7. Wow. Good job to everyone who is losing weight!