Need a little sympathy

OK guys, I am going to need all of your prayers! My mom has stage 1 uterine cancer and is meeting with an oncologist next week.

My mom is unbelievably strong and not overly concerned. She keeps joking w/me that she wasn't planning on having any more children anyway, and that I will have to have them (my husband and I are trying).

I guess if my mom has to have cancer, uterine is at least contained at this early stage. According to her "they are just going to go in there and wrap it all up with a bow and its gone"! (Can you tell my mom is a Southern Lady!)

Thanks for all your support! It really helps being able to just write about it to a group that is not emotionally connected. Right now it is hard to talk about it w/my sisters, who go to pieces, or my husband just rubs my back...(my back doesn't hurt, my heart does).

So thanks guys! My family will get through this and we will be stronger for it. And who knows, this might speed things up in the baby department, with my husband and I realizing how important it is to have our kids know our parents.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

My mom is doing GREAT! She had her surgery on Monday, Jan. 8th. Dr. said the tumor was smaller than expected and the cancer has not spread :yahoo: . She came home from the hospital yesterday and is recovering nicely.

Our family is overwhelmed with gratitude for the friends and family that support us. For me, that includes my friends at tPF.

Thanks for all of your kind words and prayers. THEY WORKED!!!! :party: