Need a little help here 1st timer!

1. I do not nor have I ever owned a Louis....but....after joining the blog (and I hold all of you responsible:supacool: ) I have aqcuired a taste for high end bags. My last purchase cost me around $1300. I bought the Shalon 360 satchel. I now want my 1st LV (which is what should have been my first major bag purchase). What I need from you is advice on which bag to get and oh yeah I am a big bag fan.

2. Hi, and welcome to LV. I would suggest:

Shoulder bag - Batignolles Horizontal or Lockit Horizontal
    Handheld- Speedy 30

3. I am going to second that! Perfect choices, Batignolles Horizontal for a shoulder bag. Speedy 30 (in either mono or Damier) for handheld. I have bought two BHs for my daughters - they love them! I had a little trouble keeping it on my shoulders - but it's a great bag! My favorite, out of all my bags, is the Mono Speedy 30, but I also have the Damier too and it's great for rain and snow.

4. ^^ITA

Welcome to TPF! :yes:

5. Hmm...are you thinking Mono, Damier, or Azur? Hand-held or shoulder bag?

My suggestion is always Mono Speedy 30 for a first LV bag...soooooooooo classic!

6. mono speedy 25. 30 is nice too. Hell get both of them.

7. Bagladie - you made me laugh! I love how you think!

8. The BH was my 1st LV purchase, the best purchase I made in 2006!!!!

9. Thanks a bunch I will definately look into those bags and get back to you

10. Damier Speedy 30!

11. ^^^Is the best introduction to the wonderful world of LV. :heart:

12. depends on if your a shoulder bag person or handheld bag person. i'd say, if you're looking for mono i'd suggest a cabas piano or mezzo (depending how how big you like your bags)for a shoulder bag and a speedy for a handheld, they come big and small so you're sure to find the right size.

13. The best advice I can give is to look through the visual aids thread in the reference area here...and then go to a boutique and try on a whole bunch of them!

14. Im leaning towards the Speedy as I am not a big shoulder bag fan

15. okay here are my 2 cents...

speedy 30/25
    pochette
    popincourt haut
    bv
    mezzo/piano....