Need a black leather bag for interviews

1. I'm going to be interviewing for fellowship positions soon and was looking for a black leather tote that I can carry my resume in along with possibly a change of shoes (walking in heels all day can be tiresome). I'm hoping to spend no more than $400-$500 and am looking for something classic and more conservative.

Any suggestions??

2. How about an AC City tote? The black with platinum metal city would be perfect!!

[​IMG]

3. Cole-Haan Aerin Convertible Tote--$450--exactly what you specify. Good luck!

4. I like Coach for a classic tote in that price range. You could get the Gigi new on eBay in that price range - it retails for $658. Or a Hamptons Carryall for within your price range.

5. I'm loving this bag. IMHO I think this bag would be a great choice, it's both functional and very stylish.

6. I think this bag is adorable, but it might be too stylish and casual for an interview. I would go with something more basic. The winter sale at tumi.com is still going on, there are some nice conservative black bags in your price range, leather and not leather.

7. I think that MbyMJ bag is super cute! If your lucky you can even catch a Marc Jacobs Blake in black which IMO is the perfect black work tote.

8. There lots of threads on interview bags already.

But from a professional standpoint, you are really not supposed to have a bag with you when you go for an interview. It is clumsy and looks very unprofessional. Go to your local Staples or OfficeMax and pick up a $10 portfolio where you can put a few copies of your resume. They usually have little pockets where you can stick your ID and a few dollars if you need to go through security and get a snack. You really shouldn't have anything else with you at an interview. A bag will be awkward when you need to move around alot and shake hands w/ people. You don't want to always be fumbling with it. It gives a bad impression.

Thats just my personal opinion. Take it for what it is. Also google "interview dress code" or something and that should help you out.

9. ^^ I was going to say the same - but from a different perspective. How much use would you get from it afterwards? Do you really want to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a bag which is just for interviews?

I used a porfolio for papers - and just got a small leather bag from eBay (I found that DKNY purses go for really cheap - and fit the purpose) . I probably wouldn't use it for anything other than interviews - but it is completely timeless - and staid and boring. I also like that it had been broken in a bit.

10. I don't agree with this at all. You may be speaking from the perspective of somebody who is familiar with a particular field of work, however, there are many professions where carrying a bag is absolutely necessary. Some of these occupations include, interior designers,artists with extensive portfolios,wedding planners,architects, etc.

11. ^^ I agree, if your working the creative field you need to have a bag of some sort. I don't think it'll hurt your chances of getting a job just because your carrying a bag either. I have a leather portfolio that I carry inside of my bag when I use to go on interviews and took that out to take notes, etc.

12. Have you tried Banana Republic already? I love their bags, they're so practical and great for work! Plus they're priced well below what you're willing to spend. and you can get a lot of use even after the interview. I especially like these:

Sutton Shoulder Bag
    [​IMG]

Flatiron Triangle Satchel
    [​IMG]