Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

1. Has anyone had any experience with this Lip Pencil?? I'm about to order one in "Belle de Jour" because I'm looking for a matte, nude lipstick. On the site it's advertised as "The convenience of a pencil with the application of a lipstick in a jumbo-size crayon design". I really like the idea of it being a lip pencil!
    Anywhooo, to cut a long story short. I recently bought a Clinique Butter Shine Surge (something like that) in "shh", although it's a gorgeous color and I use it a lot it's not the matte look I'm going for!

So ladies, if you've had experience with this product please post your opinions! Also, does anyone know what exact coloring the "Forbidden Red" is? It's described as a brick red, which I would love, since I have to be careful with red tones as a natural red head! :cursing:

Nars.jpg
  2. I have one! I use it sometimes because it's so easy to apply...just slick it on! however, u might want to slick some gloss or lip balm on top because it can get a bit dry sometimes. it's worth a try tho!

sorry, i've never tried forbidden red!

3. thanks for your advice toiletduck! I think I will order the "belle de jour" (can't really go thaaat wrong with nude) but will wait out on the forbidden red! the thing is, postage costs another 5 pounds!! so i'd kinda like to order them both at once but will have to see...

4. Leefi, must you order it online?? Is there no NARS counter around London? I suggest you try out Forbidden Fruit! But yes, Belle du Jour is quite pretty :smile:

I use Bettina myself.

5. I love the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, especially in "Sex Machine." These pencils are great for when you're in a hurry, or if you don't want a lot of color transfer. I agree with the poster who said that sometimes these pencils can be a little drying, so you need to apply lip balm underneath.

6. thanks so much pond23!! I've ordered them in "Belle de Jour" and "Red Square".
    I shall report back as soon as I've received and tested them!!

7. ^^^Glad to be of help! Let us know how you like them, especially the "Belle de Jour" color.