The Beauty Bar

Nappy, Kinky and LOVIN" IT

GOALdigger Posted By GOALdigger Posted Mar 2, 2010

1. Thanks for the encouragement. I guess I need to blow it out one day. I haven't put heat to my hair since I bc'd 16 months ago.

2. Thanks chica1!

3. Do you guys know tht Giovanni's leavE-in formulation has changed? I noticed it last month when I had to purchase another bottle. I hadnt purchased a bottle on about 2 years, so I did some research online and sure enough it was changed. Makes my hair feel like straw. I hate when companies to do this!!!

So I'm sticking with KC Knot Today.

4. What's in it now that wasn't in it before? Or what's not in it now that used to be in it?

I started using it in November and never looked back (except for the one time Target hadn't yet restocked).

5. i had one bottle of that.. it was ok but i never got around to re-up. I like that Tresseme naturals conditioner though

6. I use Tresemme Naturals as my wash out conditioner (the moisture one). I really like that one, too.

7. Pardon my jumping in.. .. I just started using Tresemme conditioner and I like it too.

8. :tup: and it smells so good

9. Today is the last day for 20% off at curlmart!

10. Oh damn, i didn't even know about the sale. I need some stuff. Off to look.

11. I remember reading about the Giovanni Direct Leave-In formula change a few years ago when I was doing all of my googling & research. Has it changed recently again??

If I remember - it was the addition/deletion of Aloe Vera or Glycerine. I'm not sure & did not pay attention since my hair loves the Giovanni Leave-In. I don't wear it as a styler anymore, but I use it under my gel. I have a couple of liters, I'll have to look at the ingredients list.

And is so nice & thick & creamy!

I don't buy hardly any of the brands they offer on curlmart, but their 'sales' never include Kinky Curly. I just ordered KCKT & KCCC on beauty.com as part of their 20% off sale. I always re-stock when they have a sale.

12. Thanks! I just looked at the back of the bottle that I have and it looks like there's aloe vera in it. So maybe that's the addition? Either way, my hair loves the stuff. I keep meaning to just go and buy the larger container from that website massage something or other.

13. I can't remember exactly what the ingredient change was. But, I hadn't purchased it in about 2 years, since I purchase by the liter. All I know is my hair hates it now.

14. Im so glad that I found this thread! I haven't had a perm since Nov 11 and I've been wearing a weave all summer. I'm going to wait until it cools down to take my weave out. I'm so scared to go natural though. I've never been one that was really addicted to the creamy crack, I only used to perm my hair 4x a year, so I don't worry about missing it. I'm just concerned about being able to manage my hair because I don't like to use direct heat, like flat irons and such, I used to only get a roller set and pin it up anyway.

I was reading that the Carol's Daughter Transitioning System was good. I'm going to have to read this forum all nite to try to get some new ideas. I have a nice texture of hair, it's curly, so I think I might be able to do some curly tricks, but it's just a matter of getting my hair trained.

15. I just checked beauty.com and apparently the sale is over. How often do they have sales? I use KCCC & KCKT as well.