Name That Bag!

1. Can someone help me identify this bag? Sorry the picture is so small - it's from a magazine which is a few issues old now, but it's been haunting me! If someone can tell me what it is, I'd be very grateful :yes: - thanks!

Bag.jpg
  2. The zippers look like Derek Lam, but I'm not sure...?

3. At least that gives me somewhere to start looking! If anyone has any more clues, please step in :tup:

4. I think its a steven by steve madden because of the lock and zippers on the side. On his site I cant get a good look at the sides but I remember them having zippers.

5. Derek Lam is my guess as well.

6. It is Derek Lam! Sooo funny I was reading an old issue of vogue (may 2006) and there it was!!! It was 1950 I think so good luck on finding it!

I shoulda known. Steve madden copies everyone and their mom!

7. Thanks andicandi! Didn't happen to mention the name or anything in Vogue, did it?

8. It is called a Persephone Bag like the woman form greek mythology (I guess thats why the snake detail is there?) There are 3 sizes a small cocktail one (995) a medium one (1950)and a Larger one which I dont think is too huge (2150)

9. Here's the Persephone from the front (if this works!):

[​IMG]

Apparently those are ram horns, because Derek Lam is an Aries. Are you sure it's the same bag? I don't see any gathering in the first pic.

10. Hmmm See thats why I thought it was a Steven bag because it looked like it has a turn lock but I couldnt find any like this exact style. But the Derek Lam looks like it for real cuz of the handle and sides. Plus the bag is over a yr old so that could be how it ages?

11. Thanks a bunch for that name, andicandi - I see what you mean about the sides. You're thinking that thing that looks like a turn lock is actually the rams heads, yes?

I can't find anything Derek Lam that looks exactly like it either, but perhaps it's just some version that wasn't made in volume or something.

Thanks a bunch girls!