Nail polishes

I agree!
I have tried many brands and OPI and Essie ARE the best!
Great color selection and they last forever. I often have a pedicure last a month!

My favorites:

Essie - Limo-scene for fingernails

OPI - Kennebunk-port for toes

tachisme said:
So recently I've been in the mood to paint my nails quite a bit, but I haven't bought nail polish in years. I've been looking into various high-end brands but I'm not going to shell out $20 for a bottle of nail polish that chips straight away.

What nail polish brands do you lovely ladies (and gentlemen?) suggest I look into? What are some of your favorite colors?

I'm open to anything! :smile:

I love OPI and here are the colors I adore!

Cozumelted in the Sun.

Senorita Rosealita

Princesses Rule!
Nomad's Dream
Mauving to Manitoba

While I love the colors the most from Essie and Opi, for long lasting color with the least amount of chipping, I always recommend Chanel. I have tried almost every kind of nail polish known to mankind but nothing lasts as long on my nails as Chanel and I have never used up a whole bottle of nail polish until Chanel. It is expensive but it never gets thick and they do have a lovely selection of colors. Peggy

I also love Essie and I also like MAC. They have great colours and they last long.
The worst nail polish I've ever tried was a Chanel one. Even though I loved the colour, I just hated the quality.
But after reading Alexenjie's post, I'm thinking that maybe I was unlucky with that one and I should try it again because I love Chanel colours and packaging!

The worst nail polish I ever tried was Nars - which always struck me as strange because the rest of their cosmetics are high quality. I do read the reviews at Makeup Alley and lots of people agreed with me that Nars nail polish chipped big and badly after only a day or two. Peggy

I Love OPI but I sorry to say as much as I love the colors it chips horribly on me! I have to use a top coat every other day and still they chip. I actully have better luck with L'Oreal and Revlon!

For now I'm sticking with French manicures. :girlsigh:

I absolutely love Essie's "fiji" and just essie in general. Also, if you're looking for a good topcoat, try Seche Vite. It dries pretty quick and I've had my Essie on for 4 days so far with no chipping :smile:.

birkinbabe said:
I use Orly French Manicure polish--the sheer rose and the white tip. I do my own nails, though I LOVE getting pedicures! Orly costs about $5 per bottle. The way I prevent chipping is to use a total of 6 coats--2 of the sheer rose, two white tip and two clear. My manicure lasts up to a week. Plus, Orly is a good brand that many professional manicurists use.

:yahoo:

Go ORLY!!!

One bottle of color and another of the top coat does wonders. Other than on my index finger, the nail polish doesn't chip off until a week and a half later! I forgot what color I get, but i always get compliments on the results and people ask where I get it done even though its done by myself.

As birkinbabe has already said, its a great brand that professional manicurists use but also only at a third of the price =)