MZ Wallace Bags (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags, Part 2)

I also took the survey. There were limited opportunities for substantive feedback, but they were definitely there. I agree that the whole thing was worded in a way that seemed to discourage critique. That bubbly, vapid "What do you love about us?" PR tone kinda sets my teeth on edge.

Kinda over the implication that we would like a company based on the fact that it is headed by women..., Maybe I am wrong..., but, that seems kinda dated to me. Is that really such a unique, amazing prospect in today's age? They're apparently not over themselves yet...

Last edited:
Kinda over the implication that we would like a company based on the fact that it is headed by women..., Maybe I am wrong..., but, that seems kinda dated to me. Is that really such a unique, amazing prospect in today's age? They're apparently not over themselves yet...
I agree. Particularly when both women were born with many advantages already in place (money, education, social connections, etc) and then they each married into even greater wealth? Not to mention that there have been many pioneering women in the fashion industry. They aren't trailblazers. I don't begrudge them for their privileges, I am just pointing out that they aren't exactly a rags to riches, against all odds success story.

I honestly am not as grouchy as I sound. Just sort of feeling odd about loving the bags, but finding the brand kind of annoying at the moment. :P

Maybe because I work in communication I have a bit of a different perspective...the positive tone of the survey didn't bother me, and the freeform comments offered opportunity to say whatever I wanted, positive or constructive, and I did have constructive things to say. I craft surveys like this all the time for work, and this was pretty standard in both type of questions and tone. Surveys are used to gather feedback, but they are also a validation and PR tool for sure.

I also actually do care that they're a woman-owned business. It's not top of my list...but it's on the list. [emoji4]

Maybe because I work in communication I have a bit of a different perspective...the positive tone of the survey didn't bother me, and the freeform comments offered opportunity to say whatever I wanted, positive or constructive, and I did have constructive things to say. I craft surveys like this all the time for work, and this was pretty standard in both type of questions and tone. Surveys are used to gather feedback, but they are also a validation and PR tool for sure.

I also actually do care that they're a woman-owned business. It's not top of my list...but it's on the list. [emoji4]

I didn't find anything annoying about the survey.., except that one comment about "do you love our company because we are women" struck me odd. I also answered the questions in some instances where I offered constructive comments, and some glowy too. All in all, I hope they get what WE would like for them to get from the experience.

Hirisa..you're not grouchy..they make some great handbags.., but sometimes the social media posts of their fab vacay's, and other glimpses into what would probs be a dream-life for the rest of us, is a little too much info - but, that pretty much sums up social media.
Luv, you I guess are probably the mature, well-adjusted one here..., but, they still at times annoy me [emoji847]

The women led line was I think the only thing I did not select in that list as things I like about the brand, not because I don't like it of course, but because it does not draw me to the brand and bags as a fact in itself. It may inform their designs and how they do business or treat their employees, it likely does, which is probably all great, but those specifics are not obvious to us and I wouldn't assume it. If a men-led company did all the same things, I'd probably still like and dislike the bags as much as I do. If a bag doesn't work for me, doesn't matter how awesome the brand/identity and their philosophy is, I can't use it. And an accumulation of useful products will bring me back to the brand.

I do recognize the importance of image and messaging/tone. It's possible I'm a little too optimistic about a company's products and services defining their success and customer loyalty... :smile: But Apple wouldn't survive purely on showmanship.

Now, since I've been reading about it a lot, how formal maternity and parenting philosophies and approaches became mostly opined by men when caregiving is still mostly women puzzles me a little :shrug:.

Reactions: LuvAllBags
Stopping into a boutique today that carries MZ. They tend to choose a few colors to carry each seasom, and also generally have previous season styles hanging around (usually full price [emoji849]). Will let you all know if they have anything interesting and my impressions of new colors. I typically don't buy from them as our sales tax makes it better for me to buy from MZ.

Stopping into a boutique today that carries MZ. They tend to choose a few colors to carry each seasom, and also generally have previous season styles hanging around (usually full price [emoji849]). Will let you all know if they have anything interesting and my impressions of new colors. I typically don't buy from them as our sales tax makes it better for me to buy from MZ.
I don't know why Pennsylvania, on the one hand, doesn't tax clothes because they are a 'necessity' (*Yea!!) but does tax handbags. How can they not see that handbags are as necessary to our wellbeing as food and clothes!!!

Stopped into the boutique...they had a few Thunder Hayleys, Baileys and Olympias, a Hunter Belle, a Black Chelsea 1.0 with the white/black leopard handles, a Black Moto Hayley with red edge dye, a Pacific Roxy, and a Poppy Roxy. All were full price except the Chelsea. Nothing at all yet from this season, surprisingly. If anyone has a hankering to pay full price for an older style, the boutique is Footloose at the Galleria in Mt. Lebanon, PA.

Reactions: estrie and psucutie
I reorganized my bags yesterday because my storage situation wasn't working anymore. I abhor cleaning but it felt really good to clean out old, unnecessary junk to make a more organized home for the bags. I do so much better if I can see my things, so I put them in a more visible place. Now they'll get more rotation.

I also asked myself some hard questions about bags I've been hanging onto for either aesthetic or emotional attachment reasons. I have a few that I keep because they have amazing leather, but they don't get used often at all. I'm committing to using them this fall so I can decide whether they stay or finally go.

I reorganized my bags yesterday because my storage situation wasn't working anymore. I abhor cleaning but it felt really good to clean out old, unnecessary junk to make a more organized home for the bags. I do so much better if I can see my things, so I put them in a more visible place. Now they'll get more rotation.

I also asked myself some hard questions about bags I've been hanging onto for either aesthetic or emotional attachment reasons. I have a few that I keep because they have amazing leather, but they don't get used often at all. I'm committing to using them this fall so I can decide whether they stay or finally go.
I recently scheduled rotation explicitly into my calendar and every bag has a couple weeks to be worn and for many bags that will be the make it or break it deciding trial period about staying or not. It's like interview season for bags! But my process will take 10-12 months.

Wow! I am learning so much from all of you. Before, I usually bought bags on impulse and they'd either be used or not. Then I discovered MZW. I'm now learning how to style my bags and what to look for in terms of quality and details. I'm also discovering personal taste, e.g. are the shoulder straps comfortable. And the ultimate, do I really like this bag or do I just like the idea of it? Now, I'm super careful about how I treat my bags, where I place them, storage (I need more space!). Even at the gym, if I'm not using a locker, I grab an extra towel for my bag so it's not on a dirty gym class floor. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.

I re-org my bag closet early Aug too. Now I have more space. I don't know is that a good or bad thing -> I bought a few bags after my closet space "expanded" [emoji23]

Reactions: LuvAllBags
I recently scheduled rotation explicitly into my calendar and every bag has a couple weeks to be worn and for many bags that will be the make it or break it deciding trial period about staying or not. It's like interview season for bags! But my process will take 10-12 months.
Wow u are so discipline! Sometimes I load up a bag and it doesn't feel right it goes back to the closet. I should try to bring it out for a chance haha.