Mystery solved : the Camel and the Blond/Blonde

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Just wanted to share that Camel and Blond/Blonde are indeed 2 different colours new for autumn(fall)/winter 2007. I think some of us were wondering.

I was doing a spot of retail therapy today (ok, its still the sale season, promise I'll be good after, promise...). Anyways, I passed by the BV boutique and right there sitting at the window display was a beautiful light cream Veneta which immediately caught my eye. I dashed into the store faster than you could say BV and 'demanded' from the SA the name of the colour, :lol:. Which turns out to be Blond/Blonde. This is a beautiful pale creamy colour, very light in tone, along the lines of Magnolia (yeah, high maintenance pops straight into mind).

Well, now we have it, the Camel is a caramel brown and the Blonde a cream. IMO, both are great neutrals. As always, you really gotta see them in person to truly appreciate the delightful colours that BV has been enticing us season after season. Can't wait for the latest catalogue to be out.

I saw both irl (on secret mission for Ms P!). Camel is adorable and v. Similar to naturale, limited edition fr 2004. Blonde, I'm not too sure about. Beautiful to look at, but I would have thought it would be more high maintenance than limo (or myself!). Camel is warm and ab fab.

Blonde is definitely high maintenance (no pun intended, lol). A-la Magnolia. And imo would be a nightmare to upkeep but drop dead gorgeous nonetheless. No regrets on my Camel, E. Love it!

Ms piggy, thanks for the info! If we're not lazy today we may go to Carmel (CA). They just opened a new Bottega Veneta store there, and I can't wait to see the goodies. Ever since my first BV bag in May I've only visted a BV store 3 times.

Ms Piggy, you seem to go retail therapy every other day, you lucky girl. Do you work nearby? I would love to go shopping everyday!

Was that at the Paragon or Taka? I passed by Taka today but didn't drop in to the boutique!