myspace for selling?

1. I have about 5 bags I would like to sell and I do not want to put up with eBay. AS they have already removed my "fake" KAte SPade bag!
    I was talking to my sister the other day and she has friends that sell alot of stuff on myspace. Mostly artwork, I have not seen anybody sell any real designer bags but would any of you ladies consider setting up a myspace page and try selling your goods that way? I tried Craigslist but it seems like people are looking for a garage sale deal.
    SO what are your opinions?
    Thanks!
    Monica

2. My guess would be that you'd have a wider customer pool on eBay--but I don't have any data to back that up--it's just a guess. I wonder also what, if any, seller protections you'd have on myspace? My guess would be that there aren't any. Maybe if they're relatively inexpensive bags (under a couple of hundred dollars). I'm not sure it's a good idea to sell anything more expensive that way.

3. That's an interesting idea! I have lots of friends who are on myspace, but when I search for them, their blogs never seem to come up in google. Wonder why? No idea. If you can figure that out, I think it would be a great idea, but I wouldn't list your phone number or anything like that. Maybe just communicate by email and get their number if you need to talk to them. Best of luck!

4. does myspace have any rules about NOT selling on their site?

5. That is such a great idea! Well done!

6. i have never heard anything about that! you may be able to hook up with a potential customer, but i dont think you can set up a store.

check it out and let us know!

7. I think you open yourself up to potential problems as there are no regulations...plus you end up having to give out personal info. I am anti-My Space for many reasons but I would never buy anything from someone on there. Would you? If you would then I guess you should go ahead...would you have them pay with paypal?

8. What a minute!!!!!!

Here you are on "The Purse Forum" admitiing that eBay took your purse off the listing because it was FAKE.

GOOD FOR EBAY.

SELLING FAKES IS A CRIME, WHETHER IT BE ON EBAY OR MYSPACE.

9. You need to go back and read the poster's post again. Notice her quote marks. She was not selling a "fake" Kate Spade, she was referring to ebay taking down so many auctions because they "feel that they are fake" as opposed to them "actually being fake". While they let the "real" fake auctions stay up.

You might want to apologize for jumping all over her!

10. I wouldnt do it, because I just wouldnt feel protected. Sure, eBay is having tons of problems, but I still feel "safer" selling via eBay.

I also have never heard of selling via MySpace, but that could be because I dont "myspace". LOL

11. What a minute!!!!!!

Here you are on "The Purse Forum" admitiing that ebay took your purse off the listing because it was FAKE.

GOOD FOR EBAY.

SELLING FAKES IS A CRIME, WHETHER IT BE ON EBAY OR MYSPACE.[/quote]

wow, please take the time to read my orginal post!
    monica

12. My daughter sells on my space-she has a store selling clothes with her own designs.

Not sure how she does it as she is currently living with my mum in the UK but I will try to find out.

There must be other sites we can sell on-Ebay is really a nightmare now.

13. If I interpreted what you stated as something else, then I am truely sorry.