Scarves MYH's Scarf Showcase - and philosophical ramblings about how I built my collection

I'm hoping the next time MYH has insomnia she might post pic and ideas for wearing 70s. In honor of summer. And that they are being discontinued. And that I bought one yesterday. LOLOL. TIA, my dear!

I'm hoping the next time MYH has insomnia she might post pic and ideas for wearing 70s. In honor of summer. And that they are being discontinued. And that I bought one yesterday. LOLOL. TIA, my dear!
Ok, spill the beans... Which one did you buy? I just bought one myself. It is slowly wending its way to the west coast.

Ok, spill the beans... Which one did you buy? I just bought one myself. It is slowly wending its way to the west coast.

Ok both of you. Spill the beans. Let's see your goodies. [emoji4]

I have been checking with my local stores every day to see when they get the cheval Phoenix and still no luck. Only saw one on H.com and it wasn't a cw I could handle. Fingers crossed I don't miss out on this one.

For those of you that know my H bag collex well, you might have noticed I've snuck a little something into my photos recently that I didn't have before. :biggrin: This one kind of just fell into my lap really. I was not bag hunting! I swear. I didn't even think I needed this bag, but now that i have it, I have discovered it is so useful. Yeah...I recently acquired a Raisin B35.

TBH, I have pondered getting a Garden Party a few times in the past year. I did think I might eventually need a tote in my collex which I didn't have. But there is one feature of the GP that always holds me back...it doesn't have metal feet. I do sometimes put my bag on the floor in "yucky" places. It happens. :annoyed: Have you ever been in a bathroom stall where the purse hook thingy is missing and not on the door? My sis tells me she lays down tissue paper on the floor and then sets her handbag carefully on the tissue paper. Oy, so much trouble. Who has time for that? If my bag has a strap, well, it just stays on my shoulder while I go to the bathroom. OK! sorry for the visual. :amazed: But with a handheld bag, I would have to put it in my lap? And what do you gals do with your totes when you're washing your hands in a public restroom and there is nowhere to put down your bag? If it's held on the crook of my arm, the bag touches the wet soapy sink right? So really, the only option for me is to put it on the floor somewhere out of the way of splashing water and soap. See...this is all hurting my brain. I dunno...I just couldn't figure it all out so I always held back on purchasing one. I need a bag with feet. Now the B does solve this problem cause it has feet but oh...the price! And I could never decide on a size either. 30 or 35? One seemed too small....the other too big....I felt like Goldilocks. Why can't H just make a 32 or 33cm B? That would solve all my problems.

So one day I'm minding my own business, happy as can be with my current H bag collex, when I get an email about this bag from a friend. After a few conversations, she mentions a price I cannot refuse. I think, OK, for this price, I can take a risk and try out a bag that may be too big for me. I will make it work! :determined face: (Sorry, I need to make up emoticons now because the ones provided just don't cut it) And the color...I knew it would be perfect for my wardrobe. And the year...2008. I do love the bags from years ago. They seem to have more structure and the leather seems different to me too. So this Raisin B ticked all my boxes.

So I made the leap and purchased it but then felt guilty! I have too many bags. I too subscribe to a "capsule collection" philosophy on bags. If I have too many, I won't use all of them. And I'm doing my best not to be a bag hoarder. I want all the bags in my closet to be in rotation and for each one to have a purpose. So I decided it was time to take a closer took at my current collex and re-home one or two. Sadly, I had to vote someone off the island and I decided it was going to be my Colvert Pico MM. I have two blue picos and felt the colvert one would get less use. So off she went to a new home...I hope she is happy with her new bag momma. I've also decided to vote another bag off the island...a Chanel burgundy clutch with chain. I hope to find this one a new happy home as well...I just haven't got around to finding time yet to work on her adoption.

So I've had my Raisin B for about 2 weeks now and the size is just fine! I don't find it heavy unless my bag is really loaded up. And well, luckily for me, in LA, I drive everywhere so carrying it for long periods of time doesn't really happen. Also, a unexpected perk of a B. It doesn't topple over in the passenger seat if I take a turn too fast. I know, you laugh. But it's true and it's a nice change from my kellys. Those babies are tipsy! They are constantly falling over because they have thin bases/bottoms. But Miss Raisinette has a "fat" bottom and her center of gravity is LOOOOOOWWW. She has no problems standing upright in the passenger seat no matter how crazy I drive. (just kidding! well, not really)

And I didn't know it at the time I bought Miss Raisinette but I think she has completed my H bag collex. I know it's hard to say I'm done! This is my final collex. But I think I'm pretty darn close. I can't think of any bag that I want or need now. I didn't know a B was the bag that was missing. I just knew something was missing...but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. But the color and style was just what I needed.

So here's a photo of my "Final" H collex. 9 bags. Raisin B35, Gris T K32, Gold K32, Malachite K28, Orange Pico MM, Eclat Pico Blue Indigo/Orange Poppy MM, Gris T Evelyne PM, Tosca Evelyne PM, and a Black KC.

07f428b8313a00c9042bd06d3a62cbb3.jpg

I also tried to take a photo of Miss Raisinette by the pool in natural light to try and capture her beauty. Here she is!
b871ab7e9630d2bf7c5c40637a745d8a.jpg

Can't believe I missed this. Your collection is beautiful and miss raisinette is definitely the Queen B. Lol about your bathroom story. I usually try squeezing the bag between my legs but there's always the danger that it will topple over. Btw, have you ever considered a Lindy? That is the perfect shoulder bag in my opinion.

Well, I always liked Bain de mer, but somehow didn't buy one. Croisette's picture with the magenta border sent me over the edge. I went to Madison, intending the see if the CW worked, then have DD buy it in Paris with the favorable exchange rate and VAT refund. But I just said HECK and bought it right there in NYC because it's SO CUTE! LOL, will take pix later.