My Wedding Planning Thread - Come and take a gander!

I'm absolutely amazed by all that you're planning, it all looks so fun and beautiful! Very creative, I'm sure the guests will love it!

Now you know you're going to have to post some wedding pictures on here once the big day arrives!! You can't leave us hanging :P LOL!

I'm absolutely amazed by all that you're planning, it all looks so fun and beautiful! Very creative, I'm sure the guests will love it!

Now you know you're going to have to post some wedding pictures on here once the big day arrives!! You can't leave us hanging :P LOL!

Oh absolutely :lol:. As you guys can tell I'm VERY picture happy and love to share the details! :lol:

We woke up this morning and were like "WE GOT WEDDING RINGS!!!" haha. It's so weird - because even with all this planning - it still doesn't feel real. But it's very, very real - we made wedding rings :lol:

I really enjoyed reading this thread!! i can't wait to see the photos from the big day! I LOVE the Jack and Sally nightmare before xmas reference!!!!!! Congratulations! You are going to make such a beautiful bride!

You guys are all too sweet :love: - I thank God for TPF and the live journal wedding forums for all the guidance and reassurance you guys have given me!

when can we see the wedding rings? :graucho:

The jeweler has to make mine and we're picking them up together - so he said it'll be 3 weeks to a month before we can pick them up. My ring finger is only a size 2 and 3/4 - so it was difficult buying an already made ring - as they'd have to take out alot of the gold and alot of the diamonds (I was picky about diamonds being between my fingers :Push:smile:. But Steve (fiance) says it's "bad luck" for us to see the final product of one and other's rings until the wedding day. Yeah ... we'll see about that one, buddy :okay:

wow - you are SO organised! And you look gorgeous. I personally prefer the lighter lip on you but it'll wear during the day so dont even worry about it. Just one thing though, platinum is really hard and durable ... i have a platinum ring and a white gold ring and the platinum def has less scratches. Not that i care ... i love both! I think i'll go white gold for my ring though as it is cheaper and i feel a bit funny about super exy engagement rings (for me ... not anyone else!)

Cant wait to see piccys of the real day!

xx

wow - you are SO organised! And you look gorgeous. I personally prefer the lighter lip on you but it'll wear during the day so dont even worry about it. Just one thing though, platinum is really hard and durable ... i have a platinum ring and a white gold ring and the platinum def has less scratches. Not that i care ... i love both! I think i'll go white gold for my ring though as it is cheaper and i feel a bit funny about super exy engagement rings (for me ... not anyone else!)

Cant wait to see piccys of the real day!

xx

I went under the recommendation of a jeweler friend, and after having seen my brother-in-law's solid platinum band - which looks just as scratched as my Tiffany silver band. :shrugs: The jeweler told us that platinum is in the same category as 925 silver - as it is a "softer metal". Though shinier than gold, it is more prone to scratches - which is part of it's "appeal", he said - it gives the ring a more "rustic" look. :confused1: Another jeweler told me that very often they "seal" platinum rings with radium or rodium plating - not sure which, and that keeps it from scratching - and I didn't want that at all. White gold for us all the way :tup:

I think you will find that white gold is mixed with all sorts to make it white and is quite often coated in rodium which can wear off and the metal starts to look yellow. This has happened with a 9ct white gold ring i have but not with the 18ct white gold one.

I think you will find that white gold is mixed with all sorts to make it white and is quite often coated in rodium which can wear off and the metal starts to look yellow. This has happened with a 9ct white gold ring i have but not with the 18ct white gold one.

Honestly, when it comes down to it I could care less whether the ring was gold or plastic and from a quarter machine. :shrugs:

I'd recommend David S Diamonds in the NYC Diamond District. I bought my rings from him 15 years ago and am going back to have him uipgrade my settings. He's extremely reputable, honest, and doesnt pressure you. Cant ask for more than that. :smile:

So I had my first fitting yesterday with the crinoline removed! To be honest, the dress looks the same to me :shrugs: - still an extremely full skirt. Whatever, it's my wedding dress and it's beautiful

After a full hour in my 4" wedding shoes, I decided to also purchase a pair of bridal platform flip flops for the reception, which have a 2.5" lift. Hopefully that'll be okay, being my dress was fitted to accomodate the 4" lift of my bridal shoes... But they're tres cute
AAAAAsBY1HoAAAAAAFQrTg.jpg

4744D9EC.jpg

http://www.advantagebridal.com/brplflflbygi.html

Then I also bought a pair of white havaiana sandals with some cute design to be worn on the plane over to Hawaii that matches my Mrs. ______ white juicy jumpsuit my SIL bought me as a shower gift that's *supposed* to be a surprise
B1357224-20080109032115.jpg

After my fitting me and my SIL went to Bloomindales - which is having a huge sale on Juicy Couture terry items - so she got me the "surprise" jump suit (which she's having embossed with my married name!! :love:) and I bought myself two terry tube dresses for the honeymoon to be put on over bathing suits and such. One white (for bride), as my SIL insisted, and one black (my pick), for versatility
JCT1HRV_mn.jpg
997.jpg

Invitations went out this week and RSVP's are already coming in. I know a shower for us (we requested a Jack and Jill shower - one where both bride and groom are present) is in effect, because things are dissapearing off our registry and my SIL inititally took me shopping for a "possible special event, such as a bridal shower" - lol. People suck at keeping secrets