My Wedding Planning Thread - Come and take a gander!

Those thank you cards are very unique, I have never seen anything like it.

That was sort of the point with the entire wedding - from the "Save the date" cards to the death tone. We wanted to be different, like us, but still tasteful. A representation of all the dimensions that exist within our personalities. Plus we looooove cemeteries. And not in a creepy way, lol.

What did your invitations say/look like? I am in love with your thank you cards! Your taste is beautiful!

More mainstream - but still different. We wanted to introduce the orange we were bringing into our wedding to sort of set the tone. My maids held orange callalilies and the centerpieces were inspired by natural pumpkin patches (then the blood rose petals scattered around them as accents)

1 page, matte, with matching RSVP cards and the obligatory directional cards, etc

152_front.jpg
150_front_thumb.jpg

Then the final touch was hiring a calligrapher (which was a challenge - I found lots of "calligraphers" that turned out to be DIGITAL "calligraphers" - using machinery and stuff. We wanted personal, hand-done calligraphy) to mix paints to match the brown writing on the invite. She did both the outer and inner envelopes. They were stunning - but again, multidimensional and thought-out. We wanted the envelope to represent the overall elegance of our upcoming affair, but the invites to have a fun, but simple feel to them

The "save the date"s were photo cards for us that doubled as Christmas greetings. There were similar in style to our "thank you"s (a black and white photo of us kissing in between two tree trunks, standing in the snow) - just smaller.

Editted because I found the picture we used for the save the date - about this size too:
DSCN3613.jpg

and beneath it it says in script "Season's Greetings" in a larger print. Then below it, in a different script it says, centered

"We're getting married!
Save the date! 10-5-08
Love, (our names)
"

Last edited:
kelly - i just looked through all your piccys and they are so wonderful! what am i gonna do now that its finished?! i guess i could start working on my own but my wedding is a year off so probably a bit soon. xx