My Wedding Planning Thread - Come and take a gander!

1. So instead of having multiple threads I'm just going to continue to update this one time to time with pictures, to-do lists, etc - looking for guidance, opinions, and so on!

So this is about where I'm at... (I gotta do this in chunks because it's very image heavy and there are only so many images allowed per post)

Fall wedding theme - but not over-the-top fall theme... just sort of in-the-background sorta theme. My hall is decorating with fall foliage and flowers, as well as gords and the such. My church ceremony (though not a nuptial mass) is at 3:30, and my cocktail hour starts at 6:00. Wedding date October 5, 2008

So far I'm looking pretty good in terms of payments and booking, etc. All I have left is pretty much esthetics - as well as booking the DJ (we have 1 in mind) and limo's.

My color palette (and the color we based the BM's dresses of off):
    [​IMG]

So me and my dress:
    [​IMG]

The look I'm going for (my veil is floor length, like this)
    [​IMG]

For my hair I like Carrie's hair from SATC when she's in Charlotte's first wedding - but perhaps the bun would be a tad smaller and a bit lower. I like how simple and vintage looking it is. My neckline will also be like hers, bare, and I want my makeup to be similar I think...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm in between an all calla lily bouquet
    [​IMG]

and a mix of black magic roses and calla's with a bit of greenery... I like the rose bouquet because I feel it compliments the feel of my dress a bit more...
    [​IMG]

2. This is the dress we picked for my bridesmaids (only 2) - I like the Greek/Athenian look of it - and in person it's much darker - more of a cabernet:
    [​IMG]

And for their bouquet I *think* I want white calla lilies... either very simple...
    [​IMG]

...or a bit more green:
    [​IMG]

For the guys we want to combine the two ideas - so either they'll all get something like this:
    [​IMG]

Oooooor we'll do something like this - I love the side leaves and the berries - but the calla will not be orange. For the groomsmen we'll have a single white calla lily to match the bridesmaids bouquets, and for my fiance he'll have a single black magic calla lily. We like contrast - my white dress against the deep flowers, the girls deep dresses against the white flowers, the men in black with the white boutonnieres and my DF in black/white with the deep red flower to match mine:
    [​IMG]

For the boys tuxes - we like a simple black tux like this:
    [​IMG]

But with a black textured/two toned vest like this underneath:
    [​IMG]

And a wine colored tie to match the girls like this:
    [​IMG]

3. For centerpieces I found this online and I friggin' love it. They're orange orchids and I think they're creepy as hell yet elegant... they fit perfectly, I think... but I'm open to suggestions. Still waiting to hear back from a florist about these babies:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our cake is going to be carrat cake with pumpkin infused cheese icing - sounds weird but I picked it and this is non negotiable lmao. For cake toppers I'm torn between keeping with the fall theme or going with these really awesome "eternity" circle cake toppers... but Steve doesn't really love them all that much :/ he likes the tree one... problem with that is that the brunette option looks like a dog - so I'd go with the blonde... and I'm not, well, blonde:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Well this is on its way to being one helluva beautiful wedding!

5. You're so organized. I would be a mad woman! I'm impressed. Everything looks great!

6. Seems like you've really got everything in place and well thought out. Everything looks beautiful so far, I love the colors!

7. Wow, I cannot believe how organized you are! Everything looks gorgeous.

For the cake topper, maybe you can have someone paint the blonde hair brown? That would solve your problem there.

I love the color scheme! It is gorgeous and the flowers you chose are very pretty.

Good luck with the rest of your planning, you are well on your way! Can't wait to see more!

8. My biggest issue is with the bouquets...

My initial idea was this:

Me:
    [​IMG]

BM's:
    [​IMG]

Guys:
    [​IMG]

But then another bride on a bridal forum posted her black magic bouquet - and then I began giving it some thought... and then I found that amazing mango boutonniere - and so I posted this combo on that forum - but the girls told me that the orange bout didn't go with the whole set... thought I thought that being the calla lily was in each set that it *could* go... but now I don't know - what do you guys think? Set one above - set 2 below:

Me:
    [​IMG]

BM's:
    [​IMG]

Guys:
    [​IMG]

^^^ In this set the girls told me the BM bouquet does not go *at all* =(

9. I like your first idea as far as the flowers go.

10. those black magic flowers are STUNNING! i really like the first set you posted though!

11. I like the white and red for the guys. It looks classy. I don't think the other color works as well. I also think that black rose bouquet is really nice, but do what you love. It's your day.:tup:

12. I'm def a fan of the first set of flowers (full calla bouquet for both you and your BMs).

I feel like the black magic rose bouquet is a bit somber and very heavy on the fall theme. Everything you have shown seems to have a very classic/sleek look, and I feel like that bouquet is too "heavy" for the rest of what you have shown. I like the texture of the full maroon/cabernet calla bouquet, however, it will depend on how you want to hold your bouquet (in front of you, or cradling in your arm). If you are going to cradle the bouquet, I think the the length/shape of the full calla would look great I think the BM bouquet's go perfect with the grecian theme of their dresses.

I think that the berries on the bout with the orange flower are a nice subtle fall detail. I think a white flower would be best with that. With the double flower bout, would the flower's to be the maroon/cabernet color and white? The one flower looks almost ice blue. I think both bout choices are excellent, but would make sure there was white in it to balance with the white of the BM's bouquets. (if you are taking pictures, BMs on one side, GM's on the other, i think it would look more balanced to have white on both

The Tree cake topper is really unique! I like it! If you love the center pieces, then go for it! I don't think they are creepy, i think they are quite "fall" in style. Sparse (since it's that time of the year, leaves falling and bare branches) but it still has the punch of color that fall is also known for. I think they could use a little more something though. I don't know if it should be sparkle or what, but I think they just need a lil more...

Your dress is beautiful, and the hair will look great with it. Love the idea of the bare neck. SJP looked amazing in that episode, she's a great inspiration.

Overall, I see an underlying theme of simplicity and classic with a little bit of theme twists. Is that the idea you were having? That's just how I see it, and I love it!

Good luck, hope these views help!

13. Q, I am so excited for you and looking forward to more updates to this thread :nuts: You're so organized and everything looks beautiful so far.

I vote for you keeping this bouquet, the all cala lily one.

[​IMG]

14. I want to hold them in front of me - I want the bouquet to look just as pictured - a tied round bouquet.

If I was to do the double flower bout it'd be white and cabernet (I think it's just the photo that makes it look blue). If I'm to do something similar to the orange/mango bout I'd do it just that way with the berries - everything like that, but I'd make the groomsmen have a white calla and my DF have a cabernet calla. That way, the groomsmen's bouts match the bridesmaids flowers and my DF's bout matches my bouquet

That's exactly what I'm going for - and what I've said I want all along!!! :love: I'm glad that's what you're seeing! My dress has no bead work or anything - very, very simple - and that's what I want! I want the fall theme to sort of just exist, as fall does - you know? The wedding is Oct 5 - the perfect fall time IMO - still a bit warm but the leaves have all turned, but not fallen. I want the two ideas to sort of coincide.

15. I'm thinking I may - I go back and forth... I think I should keep with my original idea, as those are typically the best ideas, KWIM? ;)

W/ the BM's dresses I want their hair something like this - very Grecian, to match the whole idea... Opinions/suggestions? My BM's both have dark hair - so I actually think this could be very breathtaking with loose curls...?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

=

Whole picture :p