my very first Spybaby

pixiechic

So thankful.
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
The baby Spy did indeed arrive yesterday. My son says "It's shaped like a poop," but eh, what do teenage boys know about handbags? I've been teaching him about LV, but it looks like I still have some educating to do. :angel:

This is my first Fendi, and I am really impressed by the quality and detail. Even though it's pre-loved, it shows barely any wear, and the brass plate on the inside pocket still had the protective plastic film on it. The fabric lining seems very sturdy, which surprised me - I thought it would be thinner. I can't get over how soft the leather is...I just wanted to keep touching it! :love: I love the color and texture variations in the leather, and Petrol is gorgeous in person...won't that be great with jeans?

The only drawback is that it has a bit of a funny smell. Not a leathery smell, just something odd - maybe it's the leather dye. I sprayed some Febreeze on a paper towel and stuffed it inside, and I think that will help. I'm definitely open to other suggestions...

It looks like the Spybaby will hold about as much stuff as my Speedy 25, but may be a little easier to get in and out of. I've always said the regular-size Spy doesn't seem practical - if only the baby size had secret compartments! But if I like the baby as much as I think I'm going to, I may change my mind at some point...

I didn't have time to take pics last night, but will try to get to it tonight. I definitely want to share the love! :flowers:

Can't wait for pics, the modeling kind where we can see it on, and it's size/proportions. I'm drooling just at the thought and your description of the soft leather:drool:

The only drawback is that it has a bit of a funny smell. Not a leathery smell, just something odd - maybe it's the leather dye. I sprayed some Febreeze on a paper towel and stuffed it inside, and I think that will help. I'm definitely open to other suggestions

hippie, I recently bought a used Petrol spy on ebay, and I thought mine had a funny smell too. Not that nice leather smell, but it almost seemed to come from the lining.... Since I bought mine used, I assumed that was the reason for the smell. It almost reminds me of the smell of dog, as though the previous owner carried one of those toy dogs around in her spy!

I just received.... (drum roll please).... my brand spankin' new Petrol spy that I bought from eluxury (rolexgirl's return). (that's right... I now have two.:upsidedown:) And I smell the same dog smell. I think it's the lining!

Anyone else notice their spys smelling a small dog? ;)

Congrats Hippiechic, it sounds lovely!...can't wait to see pics!:drool:
As for the smell, I have two Spys and don't notice any kind of odor?!...I betcha it's probably the petrol dye.:shrugs:

[vogue];858004 said:
Fendi Baby Spy! God! Haha. It's funny that you say that about your teen son. I'm 17 and i'm a guy! Haha. Congrats on your baby spy. LOVE that bag.

Hehehehee, thanks! My son is 13, so you've had a little more time to grow into your impeccable taste. :yes:

Here are the photos I promised...please excuse the streaky mirror - I didn't notice it until I saw the flash pics!:P

The Spybaby does indeed hold about as much stuff as my Speedy (it's not as deep, but a little bit longer). It's definitely easier to get in and out of though. If it's not raining, I'll be taking her to work with me tomorrow!

hippie, I recently bought a used Petrol spy on ebay, and I thought mine had a funny smell too. Not that nice leather smell, but it almost seemed to come from the lining.... Since I bought mine used, I assumed that was the reason for the smell. It almost reminds me of the smell of dog, as though the previous owner carried one of those toy dogs around in her spy!

I just received.... (drum roll please).... my brand spankin' new Petrol spy that I bought from eluxury (rolexgirl's return). (that's right... I now have two.:upsidedown:) And I smell the same dog smell. I think it's the lining!

Anyone else notice their spys smelling a small dog? ;)

How strange! It does smell a little like a wet dog (and my dogs just came in from the rain, so I have a reminder of that smell)...or like a combination of dog and a slight fishyness. The Febreeze did help a lot though. I'll bet it's the dye - when I was looking at Dior Gauchos a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the dark brown smelled like yummy leather, but the red smelled funky.

Congrats on your TWO Petrol spys! Post some pics!! :graucho:

Congrats Hippiechic, it sounds lovely!...can't wait to see pics!:drool:
As for the smell, I have two Spys and don't notice any kind of odor?!...I betcha it's probably the petrol dye.:shrugs:

You and hippie could be right. My two spys that stink are both Petrols, but my metallic doesn't stink at all. So the Petrol dye must be the culprit.

Thanks purplekitty22 and Decophile...I think I'm going to enjoy this bag! And purplekitty...I have the "peanut butter jelly time" song stuck in my head after looking at your sig!

My son says I should name this bag "007" because it's a spy, but then I explained that it's a small version of the true Spy. So he suggested naming it "003 1/2"!