My Very First Chloe Bag - Chocolate Brown Paddington!

1. but i'm still not sure about its authenticity.... =( i became soooo paranoid after reading jeannie's thread (good thing she got her money back, im happy for you jeannie!) =) my friend sold it to me at a fair/reasonable price and it's still brand new. it looks good to me but i'm no Chloe expert... what do you think girls? there's no chloe store here in the philippines so i can't have it checked... i plan to bring it to the Chloe store in hongkong but i won't be going there till June... and I can't wait!

im wondering why the lining is dark brown... isn't it supposed to be beige/ivory? the tab with the 10-digit code is dark brown, too... and the zippers' brand is YKK.... is it really supposed to be like that?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. At first glance, it looks good to me. Why do you doubt its authenticity?

EDIT: I'm not sure why the tag is that color. The interior is a different color from mine, but mine are lighter colored bags too. I've never really looked at the dark color ones. I know a couple people here to bought the choco, they should be able to help with that.

3. thanks BalenciagaLove! =) only the tag, lining and zipper bothers me... i've tried carrying a couple of paddys before but i didn't really pay attention to these tiny details... anyway my friend who sold me the bag told me that he would give my money back in case it is not authentic...

4. That bag is real! I believe that all Paddys have the light interior except for the brown, which has your brown interior, and black, which has black. I don't know if that's true for all seasons but definitely for some. Enjoy!

5. Hi! Congrats on your new Choco Paddy! Mine is a 2006 Choco and it has the same dark brown lining as yours. My serial tag is beige but that might just be a variation? Your bag looks just like mine....here is a pic of my tag.

6. Chiming in again... I don't know what's up with that brown tag! It does make me wonder but everything else looks so good.

7. thanks daisy and annabelle! these variations in Chloe bags really drive me crazy! but now at least i have less doubts about the authenticity... only the tag makes me wonder..

8. Roey is a Chocko expert... I'm sure she'll pop in later today.

9. I'm not an expert but I think your paddy is the real deal. I have an 06 choco paddy and the lining is dark brown too. My serial # tag is exactly like annabelle's. The shape of the tab though is exactly like yours so i'm pretty sure it's just a variation. Love the choco:love:

10. thats a really pretty bag, congrats..

11. maybe you can call the HK cloe store - closer to your time zone? unfortunately it's small but all the department stores carry chloe. the one i'm talking about is in pacific place but they are opening a really big one in central.

i think the choco shopper has a light tag as well.

12. Hi LuvsLV

(waves to Daisy)

Your bag looks completely authentic to me. My 06 choco bowler has dark brown lining and my 05 choco satchel has cream lining. I am sure the brown serial tag is just a variation. The important question for your friend is where was the bag purchased? That could help determine authenticity, but it looks really good from where I sit!

13. I have a chocolate Paddington purchased from NM store, not online. It was in the first delivery of Spring '06 bags, so it wasn't a return (yet). And mine has a chocolate tag just like yours. The back of it is a natural unfinished leather color. My numbers are a little straighter, but it is a Chloe. We know they aren't known for quality control :roflmfao:

Mine was $1380 I am pretty sure. Up from $1280, but not $1500.

I would ask your friend where he bought it. It seems a tad funny that a man would buy and sell a Chloe, but different strokes for different folks :upsidedown:

14. When I was shopping in Boston yesterday, a male s/a at the Max Mara store wanted to borrow my belt for an event he was attending that night. So, a male with a Paddington could very well exist!

15. thanks tod and bluxcape!

toreilly, yup we're on the same timezone and it's easier to inquire in hongkong. where in central are they having the big chloe store? :smile:

roey, hi! my friend got it from somebody in the US... he ordered 4 chloe bags for his mom and sister (including the one i got) from this seller and all the other three are good and 100% authentic. my friend and i are just not sure about the brown tag of my choco paddy because he said that all the other 3 chloes he got has a lighter tag.

chicbags.. haha i also kept on teasing my guy friend for selling women's bags :smile: