My very first big Coach purchase!

1. As a long-time forum lurker/drooler (I didn't even *register* until yesterday, LOL) I had to post where someone would understand and appreciate today's momentous purchase. :smile: I've been a big Coach fan forever, but haven't ever really had the chance to make a big-ticket Coach purchase. When I got my current job, which was a pretty big hike in salary from what I had been making, I treated myself to a Kelly green leather swing pack that I found on clearance at TJ Maxx (sadly I don't even know what line it's from, but I adore it!) and looked forward to the day when I could buy myself a full-size bag. Well, that day was finally today!

I got a nice Christmas bonus from my company that my husband encouraged me to do whatever I wanted with. The other day I'd been to Coach to buy the Hamptons leather signature mini-skinny in red that I'd had my eye on (Santa brought me a Coach gift card that I could put towards my first actual Coach purchase!!) and I practically drooled all over the when I got the bonus today I decided to spend some of it, and hopped onto to see what bag I might want. When I found out that the Hamptons medium carryall had gone down to $209, I had to snap it up!! I bought it online in the brass/khaki/chestnut and went to pick it up at the mall about 20 minutes away, and while I was there I picked up the signature stripe wristlet in khaki/mahogany to go with it. I'm totally in love!!

My mom got all over my case for spending so much money on a bag and being, in her words, "shallow and frivolous", but she is always a joykill so I tried not to let her get to me. My husband just told me that he's happy that I finally bought myself something nice and that I definitely deserve it! He's such a keeper. :smile:

I just felt so special walking out of Coach with a big shopping bag and an even bigger smile on my face! I can't believe my Coach collection has gone from 1 to 4 in just a week! And, I think the in-laws got me the Hamptons leather small round hobo in black as my Christmas gift...I'll find out this week when we have our belated celebration!
  2. Welcome to tPF!

Congratulations, on your new COACH purchases! You'll enjoy them for years, especially since you worked so hard for your Bonus money. It's wonderful that your DH is supportive, and don't worry about anyone else who might not understand your love & admiration for COACH.

It's OK to treat yourself to something really nice!:yahoo:

Happy New Year!
  3. Cool purchases! Can't wait to see pics of your new big puchase! :biggrin:
  4. Congratulations ! Can you post pics ?
  5. Congrats! We would all love to see pics I am sure :yes:
  6. Congrats!!!
  7. :biggrin: YAY! CONGRATS! I can't wait until I am able to make my first BIG Coach purchase. I'm a poor college student, but I did get my first Coach bag. (BLE SIG SM FLAP) and I got a hamptons mini skinny for xmas from my parents. My boyfriend bought me the signature flower charm. So I'm also looking forward to expanding my collection.
  8. Yayy! Isn't it awesome to treat yourself to something "luxurious?!"

Hope you enjoy your bag and goodies!
  9. Okay, we are all dying to see pics now!
  10. Ask and you shall receive! Without further adieu, my new bag, the Hamptons Medium Carryall.

Let's peek inside...

My new bag with my new wristlet and mini-skinny...

No modeling pics, since lazy me is still in her jammies! :smile: Thank you all for such a warm forum welcome.
  11. gorgeous and congrats on your first big coach purchase! welcome to the forum! :biggrin:
  12. Love it, Love it, Love it! Congratulations and welcome to the purse forum!
  13. How wonderful. A beautiful bag and a GREAT deal. I hope you enjoy it. Don't let others rain on your parade. Carry it and smile!!!
  14. Its lovely, congrats on your new purchase and welcome to tpf.
  15. Your new purchases are BEAUTIFUL and match so nicely together!!!! WELCOME to the forum!!! This is such a GREAT place to be!!! You are going to LOVE it here! And we are all going to wait for you to post modelling pics now!!!!!