My 'unknown' bag has arrived..

1. LOL..Ok so here's the story.

I really wanted an Olive coloured bag, but the designers I usually buy from didnt have anything in that shade that I liked.
    Then I thought that maybe I was being a bag snob and there are loads of bags out there that I was dismissing because I have never heard of the designer.

So I logged onto eBay, and gave the search details as 'Olive leather bag' and I adjusted the page so that I could only see the pictures, so I wouldnt be influenced by the brand name.

Anyway I found this bag which was a great size for tall people like me ( small bags look a bit silly on me) and it had nice details and the shade was a nice browny-olive-grey.

I decided I was going to buy it and I won it for a best offer price of $80 ( about 40 pounds..woohoo)

The bag arrived today. The brand is Via Spiga, and Im impressed with it! I have never heard of them before but I will check them out in future. The bag is well made and a medium weight. The leather is really soft too. The colour is soooooo nice in real life. My camera cant quite capture it.

So here is my first 'Unknown' bag..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow thats a good idea, think ill try it...i had a wee look on their website theyve got some nice bags there, unfortunately for me they only sell in USA

3. Thats a really nice bag and it looks great on you - and a bargain to boot!!! Great!

4. I like the bag, its nice. Great price! That color should be quite useful :tup:

5. Really cute! I love the color. I've heard of Via Spiga before; if you do a search in this subforum you'll get quite a few hits. :tup:

6. I live in the UK. I find that UK eBay have reeeeeaaallly boring bags so I always bag shop on US eBay or US based bag websites...

Luckily I wasnt charged any customs duties on this bag, but with customs its pot luck. I have paid high charges in the past.

I have been trying to capture the colour of the bag with my camera, and this shot is pretty close..

*sigh* I think Im in love...
    [​IMG]

7. Congratulations on successfully purchasing your first "mystery" bag! It does look wonderful on you, and I am in love with the color. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

VIA SPIGA is actually a relatively established and well-known brand here in the US. I didn't know they made handbags, though; I've always known them for their sharp shoes and brief foray into stylish outerwear. Will definitely have to check out their handbags from now on!

8. Great bag, I love the colour!

9. Very pretty congrats!

10. Nice bag! Kudos to you for venturing into "Unknown Bag" territory.:tup:

11. there's a lot of via spiga in europe, it's not an 'unknown' brand at all.

12. I always see Via Spiga on the designer table at Marshalls. It's right there with Michael Kors, Cole Haan, Andrew Marc, Francesco Biasia, Dooney & Bourke and Coach. So, I bet retail is somewhere in the $300s? I think the bag is gorgeous. Great color and design. Congrats.

13. That bag is beautiful! It looks great on you too. Sometimes we get in a rut of only going to our fav designer and you have just proved there is a whole world of "new" bags out there just waiting to be discovered. Congrats!

14. What a great deal you found!

15. Congrats! Via Spiga makes really nice shoes and as you know, bags!