My Tiffany jewellry is turning yellow :(

exquisite09

Sep 23, 2006
I've been having bad luck with Tiffany lately.

I have a few silver pieces, and they all seem to be getting discoloured!

I bought them directly from the boutique, so there is no question about authenticity. I've had them all for under a year.

If I take them into the store to get polished, will it help? Do they charge for this?

I have lots of Tiffany jewelry. Here's what I do to polish my silver and get them looking new again. I use a silver dip and a silver polish cloth. They're cheap. You can get them at Tiffany's or any other places that sell jewelry. The dip does a very thorough clean and the cloth cleans and buffs. I use the dip maybe every 2 or 3 months (I'm lazy!) and I use the cloth once a week or every 2- 3 weeks depending on how often I wear my Tiffany and what I've done (i.e. body oils on jewelry, lotion on it, etc.) You can also take your jewelry to Tiffany's and they can do it, but I find sometimes they're too busy to do it. Don't worry, just a little cleaning and polishing and it'll be new again!

If you take it to the store they will clean it either in the store or send it to get cleaned at no charge , my necklace turned black because of perfume i had on recated bad with the sliver , they sent it aways and in about a week it was sent back looking brandnew

Its worth it to take it to Tiffany's and have it cleaned. It will look like new again. It will take 3 days for Tiffany to clean silver jewelry and there will be a charge for Tiffany silver.

oh btw, good luck, i'm sure it will be looking like brand new again. silver is sometimes harder to take care of than what! depends on your habits (putting on perfume, wearing lotion) as some others have mentioned which will affect the jewelry.

Oh that sucks! I have loads of T & Co silver (after taking a gander at my avatar, are you really surprised?)--and learned, the hard way, about putting lotion or perfume on--I learned you should have all your jewelry OFF when doing that--it could cause the metal to discolor (don't worry, it'll come off with cleaner).

Also, if I leave it in a box for too long, it can get tarnished. So I try to find reasons to wear it ALL! I do recommend you pick up the cleaning cloths from Tiffany's they'll do ya good in between having them clean it. And yes, the do charge a fee for silver cleaning (it's worth it!).

Best of luck!

line a glass bowl with alfoil on the shimy side up, add bicarc of soda and hot water (which will bubble) and drop the silver into it for a couple of minutes. The fizz lifts off the tarnish. Rinse it in purified water and dry it with a jewellery cloth or chamois. I used to work in a high-end jewellery store while I was at Uni, and that was all we used