My sweetie passed

1. Terribly sorry for the long post, but I have to let it out...

:cry: My darling pomeranian passed this morning, it had been a long week. The week before she went through the doggy door to go outside to use the 'doggy facilities', the first door leads to the garage, n then there is a second dog door, going to the back yard. Coming in, she trips on a metal pipe, and spains her ankle.

She was takin to the vet, and given medication, but they said with her age, she might not recover. I tried to battle that statistic, and feed her by the spoonfuls. yet the past two days, she wouldn't walk, nor eat willingly.Forcing food did no good, she wouldn't only cough it back up. I knew last night, she was leaving me.

I was tired from the restless nights I had with her this past week. My mom came downstairs to hold her, she wasn't content about going to sleep. I go to sleep and pray for god to let her pass in her sleep.

I woke up this morning, and find my dogs bed gone from the end of the hall. My mom comes in the room, and comes to me without a word, I knew what happened.

(this afternoon, we took her to Safe Haven, a doggy cemetary)

My prayer had been answered, regretfully, I wish I was able to say a proper goodbye. I had been selfish in my eyes, to go to sleep, knowing it probably was her last hours.I am gratefull she left us in her sleep. Knowing my mom was there holding on to her for safety.
    I just wish I was the one to be there for her.

I know I did the best I could. She lived for a glorious 19 years.She put up with me as a tiny tot, toting her like a rag-doll. I think she only stayed around, until I graduated-until I entered adulthood, and I think she knew I had grown up.

To me and my family she was more than a pet, she was my 'sister'.

Being almost all blind/deaf, she still knew I was in the room. I just find it heartbreaking to have not spent her last night, by her side.

I know she knows I loved her, and I know I have her the best life possible. It just hurts, to not know my angel won't be here by my side, but looking over me, from above instead.:heart:

2. My condolences to you, I know how it feels but I'm sure she'll be watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge... :heart:

3. ohh i'm so sorry to hear that! :sad: That's heartbreaking! 19 is old for a dog, no? But still, it's always sad, but things will get better. :heart:

4. OMG..I am sooo sorry.......Trust me that your dog knew how much love you had for her.....they are so much smarter than we give them credit for...I cant imagine life without my 10 year old Shiba Inu..He is like my sidekick....and I just got another Shiba puppy too....because my older one has been ill this year and I knew if anything happened to him..I would totally lose it.
    Please know that your dog isnt suffering..and that is good..it sounds like she had a FANTASTIC mommy..and a great life..so dont feel guilty for not being there at her last moments...You know and she knew how much you cared..and THATS all that counts. I get teary eyed thinking of this and I am so sad for you....Please know that we are all here for you..and how very sorry we all are.

5. Oh no!!! I am so sorry, the loss of a loved pet is so hard. A great website is www.petloss.com
    They even have a candlelight ceremony on Monday nights...Check it out.

6. I am really sorry....just went through this recently.....I know how you feel!

7. Sorry to hear about your loss :sad: .

8. My condolences to you P. Our family members know more than we think they do. You did your best in taking care of her, and I know she had a loving 19 years with you.....(HUGS)

9. I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she had a wonderful,long and happy life. (((hugs)))

10. I'm so sorry for your loss. You had a wonderful friend for 19(!) years, and she got to hvae you all that time, as well. I'm sure she knew how much you loved her when she passed, even if you weren't right there holding onto her. I'm grateful she went peacefully, but so sad she had to go at all. You were both very lucky to have each other, and her memory will live on with you and your family.
    Like annemerrick, I went through this recently, too, I know how much it hurts.

11. I'm really sorry to hear about your darling dog. Big hugs to you!:heart::heart:

12. I am really sorry for your loss, I know it can be heart breaking. It maybe possible your pet felt more at ease letting herself go when you were not around. Dogs are very protective and this one protected you from the time you were small.

13. Well, now I'm crying...I am so sorry for your loss. We just love our pets so very much, I know. What a blessing to have your sweetie for nineteen fulfilling years. "Wow, 19!." I know it's still hard to let them go. It really is a blessing she went in her sleep, your prayers were answered. I think she knew you had given her the okay to let go. I think sometimes they hold on for us untill we are able to let them go. I believe it happened the way it was supposed to, sweetie. My heart goes out to you.......rest in peace little sweetie.

14. I'm sorry for your loss. May your sweetie rest in peace. ***hugs***

15. I am so sorry for your loss, losing a pet is extremely difficult:sad:My condolences to you and your family...