My Speedy 25: Rebuilt and better than ever!

1. This is the first LV I ever purchased, in 1989. As you can probably imagine it had seen better days. Since it was my first LV, I didn't want to part with it. I couldn't bear to sell it on eBay.

Thanks to the San Francisco LV store, my Speedy had all its leather replaced and it looks like a brand new bag!

Normally they don't do extensive repairs if the repair bill is more than half the cost of a new bag. However, I requested that they do the repair because of the sentimental value. Thankfully, they did it! The cost to repair it was $462, which was still less than buying a new Speedy, and I got to keep my first bag.

Here are the before pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. And here are the after pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. wow, amazing transformation! Now you can use it for another 15 years! woah

4. Wow- it looks amazing! Like an entirely different bag!

5. omg, it looks BRAND NEW! :tup:

6. That is AMAZING! I will have to find out if Aussie stores charge reasonable amounts...

7. Amazing Speedy Spa makeover!!! Truly looks brand new! Congrats, lorihmatthews, beautiful transformation.

8. That is totally fabulous! Wow, a 1989 speedy and it looks brand new after refurbishing! It's nice to hear that SF LV was accomodating enough to fix your very first bag. I'm sure that bag has 'seen' some very important moments in your life.

You must have taken great care of it, too cause I've seen some much newer bags not look half as good as yours did in the before pics (lol).

Anyway, congrats & hope you enjoy it for at least another 18 years!

9. Congratulations it look beautiful.

10. Amazing ! It came back stronger, faster, better.. :graucho:

11. Wow!!! It looks amazing!

12. Nice!!!!!!

13. Wow...Lori, I have to say...This is an amazing thread. Glad I signed on tonight.

I am just completely blown away by this tranformation. I think they did an incredible job. I just am bowled over that Louis Vuitton has crafts people that can do this type of repair work. How long did it take for them to do this for you??

You'll have it to enjoy for who knows how many decades now!

14. That is amazing! Congrats!

15. Wow!!! That is an amazing transformation. Congrats on your "new" baby!