My Solution to Keeping Inside of My H Bags Clean

I promised to post my bagmate that I got and finally have the time to take pictures of it. this is the medium size one. dimensions are 3.25 x 6 x 9". Here are pictures inside my 30 birkin and 32 kelly. this, of course, fits the 35 birkin and 35 kelly also.

I'd have to say this is a fantastic product and I rarely leave the house without it. Highly recommend it (and I do not have any affiliation with this product whatsoever). Great because it keeps my lipglosses, pen, keys, and cell phone readily available. I don't have to dig in my bag. But most importantly, it keeps the Bearn wallet well protected. I don't keep anything next to the Bearn wallet and since everything is in its separate compartment, the wallet stays clean.

Also, you can fit more, but this is what I normally carry with me. Anyways, hope these pics help.

Thank you for the pictures. I bought the Bagmate but have yet to put it to use. Like KellyBag I am enjoying the inside of my Birkin. After seeing how organized without taking away from the bag - I'll have to try it.

Thanks for inorducing us to another great product...I use the purseket and only every once in a while (a long while), I take everything out of my Birkin and give them a general wipe down.

Thanks to shopmom for enabling me to get this done. I was procrastinating for too long.

I got a few Bagmates (2 for myself, and one for a friend as Xmas present) delivered to me from the US, via a freight forwarding service offered by our postal service. And I just tried them today. The medium fits into the 30cm Birkin just nicely. And the small fits the JPG shoulder birkin, with a lot more space left of course. But this solves the problem of small items jiggling about inside. I wonder why they do not have a large size????? I do like the pockets all contained *inside* the bagmate, as opposed to alternative bag liners with pockets on the outside. And it's sturdy. The retractable handles are a real plus.

I just got my Bagmate yesterday. I really like it, but I am not sure whether I received the correct size.

I ordered the medium, which is suppose to be 3.25" x 6" x 9" (as oppose to the small, which is 3.25 x 5 x 8"). The bag seems a little small in proportion to the medium one the Bagmate designer carried in her ad online. So, I measured it. No matter how I measure it, the measurements comes out to be 3.25" x 6" x 8.5". Now, do you think I received the wrong size? It seems that the main difference between the small and the medium is the length, small being 8" and medium being 9". I got 8.5" in the dead center! :confused1: HELP! :sos: I don't want to send it back just to have them tell me that they sent me the right size afterall! :sos:

I just got my Bagmate yesterday. I really like it, but I am not sure whether I received the correct size.

I ordered the medium, which is suppose to be 3.25" x 6" x 9" (as oppose to the small, which is 3.25 x 5 x 8"). The bag seems a little small in proportion to the medium one the Bagmate designer carried in her ad online. So, I measured it. No matter how I measure it, the measurements comes out to be 3.25" x 6" x 8.5". Now, do you think I received the wrong size? It seems that the main difference between the small and the medium is the length, small being 8" and medium being 9". I got 8.5" in the dead center! :confused1: HELP! :sos: I don't want to send it back just to have them tell me that they sent me the right size afterall! :sos:

angel_valentine: I just received 2 mediums as well. The length is around 8.5", but the height is definitely 6", give or take a quarter of an inch (mine's a bit more). Is it possible the 9" is when the bagmate is pressed flat, or bowed out at the ends? I'm happy with it either way. SO much more organized!

I had ordered the med bagmate as well, it's on its way to me - should be here soon. Maybe I can cfm the measurements when it get here.. who knows maybe they changed their sizes? :confused1:

angel_valentine: I just received 2 mediums as well. The length is around 8.5", but the height is definitely 6", give or take a quarter of an inch (mine's a bit more). Is it possible the 9" is when the bagmate is pressed flat, or bowed out at the ends? I'm happy with it either way. SO much more organized!

Thanks WingNut! I feel better now. :smile:

I think I am going the Chameleon route (I like that it is very lightweight and has a bottom).
If anyone has thoughts on what size to put in a 31 cm Bolide...
I will get a large for the 35 cm Birkins.

Pepper, my 'business' size VIP fits my 35cm Kelly and my 31cm Bolide (just in case you decide against the Chameleon) Sorry, I only have a pic of it in the Kelly. It's too tall in height for my Picotin (it fits but it's very visible) but I have decided that I will not sweat it with the Picotin and just be happy to use her 'naked' lol.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• insidekelly3.jpg
    insidekelly3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 174
  • insidekelly4.jpg
    insidekelly4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 180
I have always just use their sleeper that it came in I like to see the orange peek out. and it works really well plus I can pull it close when my birkin is open. that is why I don't like the color of the new sleeper bags My SA send me a bunch every year to replace the old one Cu's he knows what I do and so when I got the newer color it was not my favorite but It is better quality.

Thanks for this post. I always end up buying several cosmetic cases and keeping my items in that but this is much better. I just bought a couple bag mates (tan and pink). Thanks for the info.

I am not too sure how I feel about these.

I do think it is a nice concept, but I don't think I would use one. One of the reasons I purchase Hermes is to be able to see the gorgeous interior. It is another one of those finer touches that other bags do not have.

It actually makes me happy each and every time I look inside at the detailing. Sure, I worry I may scratch it or something, but that is part of usage.

I suppose if I had several birkins and I do change bags a great deal it may be nice. Right now, I am not fortunate enough.

I agree with KB alltough that is a great idea!

I am posting here because I want to thank some special ladies for their comments which helped me decide on the perfect solution (i.e., bagmate) to keeping my Bolide clean and damage-free. In addition, I want to share my opinion on the bagmate, so my fellow tpf members who happen to be looking for the same things can benefit from this thread.

Thanks to:
1. Tokyogirl for starting this thread,
2. theITbag and gina_b for sharing their valuable photos of their bagmates in action, and
3. mrssparkles's intuitive comments "like the pockets all contained inside the bagmate.....sturdy.......retractable handles are a real plus."

Some background:
I had put off purchasing any organizers/protective inserts for my bags until I got my Bolide. According to the Bolide users here, the Bolide lining is gorgeous but is unfortunately prone to scratching/denting. I researched a bit about purseket, pursebrite, and Joey Junior Purse Mate in the LV forum, and then decided to settle for a purseket. By "settle" I mean "not fully impressed" and "the product does not meet all my needs".
When I was about to order a purseket, I found myself heading for a B&B vacation. Thus, I waited till I came back from vacation. Finally, when I was ready to place an order, I stumbled across this thread (while searching for cleaning method for Hermes scarves). This is where I discovered my solution, the bagmate.

My specifications (in order of importance):
1. fits inside a 30 cm Birkin (able to close the leather flaps without the wings sticking out) and a 31 cm Bolide, without any parts protruding that can be seen from outside the Hermes bags.
2. protect the inside of my precious bags (able to protect all sides and bottom)
3. made of quality material (not cheap looking like the pursebrite)
4. functional design - Not necessarily have many pockets, just enough for a cell phone, digital camera, and 2 more. Has a large center for large wallets and etc.. A pencil holder is a plus.
5. light weight
6. sturdy construction (is not flimpsy and does not collapse)

My Assessment - Everthing about the bagmate is like the forum ladies said, and more:
As compared with the lack-of-bottom purseket/pursebrite/Joey Junior and the flimpsy chameleon and somewhat flimpsy VIP, I think that the bagmate beats the competitor products hands down in very category except the weight requirement. However, given that the bagmate weighs only 0.5-0.6 lb, I can look past this slight negative. (After all, the lock of my paddington weighs the same. Why should I complain?)

Some pleasant surprises: sturdy but not bulky, retractable handles for easy access, handling/transferring, and unobstructive storage inside the Hermes, reasonably priced (under $36 shipped), pockets on the inside (very important feature for protecting the inner lining from inadvertent damage during my inserting sharp metal objects and pens into the pockets), and a large, zippered pocket for safely storing cash/valuables.

Once again, this forum has proven to be very invaluable to me. Thank you.