My SA found me a Luxury black Calfskin bowler...??

Bella

Earth to Bella
O.G.
Mar 22, 2006
Hi ladies.

Help, please?

Okay.....I have been obsessed with Bbags for about a year now and recently wandered into your Chanel forum reading and trying to educate myself and...... OH BOY!:nuts:

I am drawn to the more edgy bags like the modern chain and fell in loooove with the Luxury bowler. From what I have been reading I decided I would try my luck and see if I could possibly find a F/W black deerskin. Seems like all you ladies have been in agreement about the deerskin leather, it being so soft with a nice texture.

I have a great NM SA who told me today she found a black calfskin hidden in one of the store's back stock. She was more surprised than I was, I think since it's from S/S. She said there was only a metallic deerskin made that she also tried finding but none left in the company. BTW, I just read a post by Smooth where she said NM didn't order the F/W deerskin bowler, so that might explain why my SA wasn't knowing.:shrugs:

SO.....
With everything I've read I thought I would only be happy with the soft deerskin, the texture, read it's thickler and more durable. I have searched and am not able to find much of any feedback on the Luxury Calfskin, just that it's a smoother leather. Oh ya, in another one of Smooth's post she said the interior is red. Is this true, did I read that correctly?

Well, I did get it and it's on it's way, should be here Wednesday which feels like FOR-EV-ER already. lol

I will be so grateful for any specifics or opinions from you ladies and pictures, OF COURSE! I am trying to keep an open mind, but because I've read so much about it, part of me hopes she's wrong and it's the deerskin.

Tell me, will I love the calfskin?:s

Yes, the interior is red in the black luxury bowler (unless it is metallic). I don't personally own the bag, but its a beauty, and wish I had it. It is awesome that your SA could locate one, and what a wonderful first bag. You will love the calfskin, because it is easy to maintain.

Congrats on the bag. I really think you will love it. Please post some pictures when it arrives.

Does anyone have both the calfskin and the deerskin and can tell me the differences between the two?

How HOT is the red interior, HUH? :graucho:

I'm so exCITED!

I have the fall deerskin which is lined in black leather versus the red of the spring calfskin. The spring calfskin leather is very smooth and matte whereas the fall deerskin has texture and sheen. Deer is thicker than calf too. Both are beautiful; I personally perfer the spring calfskin over the new cruise collection calfskin. The cruise is more of a distressed calf leather and really doesn't look like luxury to me. I feel the quality of the luxury ligne bags are now going down while the price is going up. I hope your calf bowler is in great condition when you receive it! Please share pics!!

Yes, the interior is red in the black luxury bowler (unless it is metallic). I don't personally own the bag, but its a beauty, and wish I had it. It is awesome that your SA could locate one, and what a wonderful first bag. You will love the calfskin, because it is easy to maintain.

Congrats on the bag. I really think you will love it. Please post some pictures when it arrives.

Thanks again, Michele.

YES, YES, I will post photos as soon as it's here.

Sounds like I am a real lucky duck to have this coming, huh?

:smile:

I have the fall deerskin which is lined in black leather versus the red of the spring calfskin. The spring calfskin leather is very smooth and matte whereas the fall deerskin has texture and sheen. Deer is thicker than calf too. Both are beautiful; I personally perfer the spring calfskin over the new cruise collection calfskin. The cruise is more of a distressed calf leather and really doesn't look like luxury to me. I feel the quality of the luxury ligne bags are now going down while the price is going up. I hope your calf bowler is in great condition when you receive it! Please share pics!!

Thank you Roey for the info. Again, I'm feeling good...better and better after hearing your feedback.

As far as condition, my SA said that initially the store said they didn't have it, then she said the Chanel rep called and... they found it new hidden in the stockroom. I can imagine that some stock rooms might be a bit of a black hole. It's happened before. I am trying not to get overly excited as I don't want a BIG FAT dissapointment. I am a bit worried about it being a return as well. Hopefully when it comes it will be everything and more than she described.:yes:

Don't worry; I actually had to settle for a display bag (shudder!) recently, as it was the last Cloudy Bundle in stock in the entire Nordstrom inventory. I thought with all the customer handling it was going to arrive in awful condition, but it exceeded my expectations ten-fold! I'm betting if your bag was hidden in the back stockroom it is in brand new condition.

As far as condition, my SA said that initially the store said they didn't have it, then she said the Chanel rep called and... they found it new hidden in the stockroom. I can imagine that some stock rooms might be a bit of a black hole. It's happened before. I am trying not to get overly excited as I don't want a BIG FAT dissapointment. I am a bit worried about it being a return as well. Hopefully when it comes it will be everything and more than she described

I think stock rooms have a black hole. last week when I called NM looking for a white bag my sa said Let me look in the stock room and call you back...When he called me back he said he had a 2005 227 White reissue...(which I was told was SOLD OUT) I asked if it was a return also and he said no..it was never put out on the floor and it was just tucked away and no one knew it was there UNTIL he Looked back there..I got it yesterday and it was in perfect shape & I was lucky to find it.....and YOU ARE lucky also to find your bag..Its like finding a hidden treasure when You do get it....WHO knows maybe MY SA lied and it was a return ...BUT who cares if the bag is in great shape and smells new and has all the tags and stuff THATS ALL THAT matters...
Can't wait to see pictures:heart:

^^^^Thanks VIP.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything will be good. I saw your white reissue...GORGEOUS!

Hey, btw, where is your post on your new coco cabas? Did you get it today?

^^^^Thanks VIP.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything will be good. I saw your white reissue...GORGEOUS!

Hey, btw, where is your post on your new coco cabas? Did you get it today?

Thank You..Yes the reissue SMELLS SO GOOD:drool: I mean so good so my SA might have been telling the truth

I'm sure your bag will be fine..Lets keep our fingera crossed

BTW
I don't want to talk about it...MY CABAS...:cursing: I paid for 2 day shipping SA promised me SATURDAY IT WOULD BE HERE...I called her 3 times today and she said Fed-ex ground delivers late so don't worry it will be there.....WELL IT SUNDAY 1AM AND IT IS NOT HERE I waited all day for it..I ran out and my Hubby stayed home for me just incase and STILL NO BAG....I asked her for the tracking number and she said SHIPPING dept is not there on Saturday so she could not get it ..
:shrugs: :cursing:

ANYWAY..THEY are going to REFUND me my shipping when I call them tomorrow TRUST ME

^^^^Oh boy.......

Vip, I'm so sorry I brought it up.:shame: I hope it comes on Monday, at the very least be given a tracking # so you're not a prisoner to the house. Hate that.:hysteric:

*fingers crossed for both of us*

^^^^Oh boy.......

Vip, I'm so sorry I brought it up.:shame: I hope it comes on Monday, at the very least be given a tracking # so you're not a prisoner to the house. Hate that.:hysteric:

*fingers crossed for both of us*

LOL don't be sorry silly..:P
I just HATE it when they PROMISE a delivery date and nothing...out of 4 bags 3 did make it on time..I KNOW sometimes stuff happens...The SA blames Shipping/fedex..and fedex'shipping blames the SA:shrugs: WHATEVER..I'm sure it will come monday..

Looking forward to seeing your new baby also:yes: