My Recipe for Paella Valenciana w/pics!

1. Here's my recipe for a delicious and healthy Paella Valenciana (Serves 4 people)!

What you need for the rice:
    Goya (or any brand you prefer) plain Spanish yellow rice
    Fresh or canned peas

What you need for the seafood and "sauce":
    1 chipotle pepper from a can, diced (usually found in the international foods isle or in the canned vegetable isle)
    Fresh cilantro (about 1/4 cup diced)
    4 tablespoons Smart Balance "butter" (a healthy alternative to butter, made using flax oil - recommended by my nutritionist and I LOVE it)
    4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
    1/2 tomato (diced)
    Mariscos: depending on how much you like shell fish - I used a pound and a half of mussles and 6 clams.

For the rice, use the first set of ingredients. Goya rice is very simple, follow the directions on the back, and when your simmering the rice add the peas. Cover. For the mariscos (shell fish) bring two cups of water to a boil in a large pot. As the water is heating up, chop your cilantro, garlic, tomato, and chipotle pepper (just one and include the seeds! They look puney but just one of those suckers is enough to cover your rice AND mariscos and make them spicey!). Add the butter as the water begins to boil. Bring to a rapid boil and add the ingredients you just chopped up. Rapid boil for one minute longer and add your clams and mussles. Cover on high until you see the lid moving or the steam begining to sneak out from underneath (about 1-2 minutes). Lift the lid, are most of the mussles/clams open? If yes, then lower the heat to medium and re-cover for about another 5 minutes, "shaking" the pot with two pot holders as to get the juices from the sauce below onto all the clams. An alternative to this is stirring a bit. Plate your rice and peas on a big platter, then "spill" the mariscos and a significant amount of its "sauce" onto the rice. Put the remaining sauce into a bowl to be served as a dipping sauce for garlic bread or to be added to each individuals plate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. livinluxuriously that looks delicious thanks so much for the recipe and the photos :drool::drool:.......gonna have to test this out on my boyfriend this weekend ;)

and i'm definitely gonna have to try that butter replacement :p

3. that definitely looks delicious~!

can those 'mariscos' be substituted for something else? like shrimp, maybe?

4. wow..that looks soooooo good! i can't wait to try it!

5. Texas, if you wanted to, but it would change the taste entirely. I'd buy muscle juice then to make the sauce - because the flavoring of the dish comes from the muscles - which are salty, and then the rest of the flavors come from the chipotle, cilantro, etc

6. Yummy...I've never tried cooking mussels before but this recipe looks too good NOT to try!

7. omg...that looks delcious, look at all those mussels!