my poor puppy :(

1. tomorrow we are taking my 13 year old black lab, beauty, to be put to sleep. she has liver cancer and passed out earlier today. she had slept most of the day and wanted to go out for a walk. we just walked her across the street and back, and it was too much for her and she collapsed when we came back in. luckily, our neighbor is a retired vet, so he came over and looked at her. she was very out of breath and I guess the tumor was pushing on her lungs so it was hard to breathe. :sad: she calmed down after a while and we decided my dad will take her in in the morning. we were afraid we would have to take her to the emergency vet tonight, but she has been okay. our neighbor said she'll just keep passing out like that. we had her favorite dinner tonight (fried chicken) and made sure she got lots of leftovers. I know we are doing the right thing because she's sick and she has had a good life, but I'm still sad. it'll be odd to wake up tomorrow and not have her here.

this is her back in november before she got sick. :heart:

puppy.jpg
  2. I am so sorry. Just keep holding her and talking to her as they put her down. You will be so glad you did. She'll just go to sleep in your arms. Out of pain but with her mama.

:flowers:

3. I am so sorry....just know that you'll see her again someday. It's hard when our furry family members leave us. I'll be thinking about you and sending you good thoughts for you and your family. :flowers:

4. AAWww... sweetieee....... :crybaby:
    i've just had a recent loss too... but remember, all dogs go to heaven! and she'll be there waiting for u! :yes:
    Make sure u're there with her till the end... talk to her, hold her, let her know that she's loved all the way till she takes her last breath.
    God speed, beauty! :flowers:

5. You have my heartfelt sympathies.

I am tearing up as I read this as it makes me think of my beloved German Shepherd, Max, who died about three years ago.

Poor Max was alone when he died (it breaks my heart every time I think about that), so take comfort in the fact that Beauty will be with her people when she passes on and will know she was loved and you will know you gave her a happy life and a peaceful death.

6. What a sweet puppy! I am so sorry to hear that you have had to make this decision! The loss of a pet is so difficult! But at least you will be with her at the end, and she will no longer be in pain or having difficulty. My heart goes out to you!

7. I'm so sad for you but I think she will be much better off it sounds... I can't imagine what she is going thru but at least you all have the chance to be with her before she goes.

8. I am sooo sorry.:crybaby: :crybaby: I am crying right now. I know it must be so hard for you, but at least beauty will be out of her pain. My prayers are with you both.:flowers:

9. I´m so sorry. It´s always hard to lose an animal. She lived a very long and happy life which you can be proud of. Hugs.

10. so sad... i'm sorry to hear about your doggy.
    my thoughts are with you and your family.

11. I am so, so sorry to hear that. Beauty looks like such a beautiful and gentle sweetheart. She has obviously had many wonderful and memory filled years with you and your family. I am certain that she has received much love in all of those years and given it right back ten-fold. We've gone through this twice the past few years with our two oldest Goldens (cancer as well) and there are simply no words to describe. Time will heal the hurt in your heart. I hold onto the thought that our 4-legged babies all go over the Rainbow Bridge and will be waiting for us. You won't think so for a while, but life will go on and you will always have that special place in your heart and memories for her. I have much sympathy for you and your family during this difficult time.

12. I'm so sorry.. that's got to be one of the hardest decisions anyone ever has to make. Just be reassured in that you're doing what's best for her and keeping her from suffering anymore. My heart really goes out to you and your family.

13. I am SO sorry! I'm tearing up reading it, too!

I remember having to put my cat, Lucky, to sleep. He was hit by a car and he was in so much pain that he didn't seem like the Lucky I remember anymore. We were in Toronto over the weekend. The vet wanted to put him to sleep sooner, but they wanted to wait until I got back. We literally drove from the Canadian border to the vet.

I held him while they did it. I didn't want to turn him back over to the vet, because I was away from him the entire weekend. I just held him as he slipped away from me.

They gave me the piece of paper to sign saying that's what I wanted to do. I remember putting the pen to the paper about three times before I could force it to move.

I saved his vet records, and I have his collar.

My dad asked the vet what to do about burial. They kept him overnight, because I didn't like the idea of keeping him in the house. When we got him they had him in his white box, curled up, looking like he was sleeping.

I honestly don't get people who say, "Oh, I've buried a number of pets in my lifetime" because this is the first pet I've lost and it ripped my heart out!

Save her collar, save some of her toys, and try to think of the good times you had together. Make a donation in her name to an animal shelter.

[​IMG]

14. I am so sorry! Losing a pet is one of the worst things. I am starting to tear up as I read this. About 10 years ago we had to put my cat max to sleep, he had brain tumors. I wish I would have been there when he went. :crybaby:

Just remeber she will be in a better place and won't experince any more pain.

Sending many hugs your way!

15. Reading your story is making me cry... I've had to put my Boy down few years ago. Reckless driver swerved and got him, ruptured his spine and we had to put him down. It's never easy but Beauty will be in a better place and waiting for you up in heaven... This is for you:

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...[/SIZE]

*Hugs*