My Poor Kitty :(

1. We found my cat today and she has been bitten by a fox :sad: She seems okay within herself, i.e the wound is clean and she can walk and eat and stuff. I feel really sorry for her and hate foxes at this time!
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope that she recovers quickly!
  3. oh thats awful! I hope your kitty is alright.
  4. I am so sorry this happened to your cat. I hope she is okay. There have been cats killed by foxes in my neighborhood. Be careful!
  5. I'd take her to the vet just as a precaution for possible future infections. Hope she gets better!
  6. Thanks everybody - we are taking her to the vets tomorrow.
  7. Oh, that's awful. Please take her to the vet right away. I am keeping my fingers crossed for her.

I am terrified of foxes. They can turn mean so quickly.

I just had another thought -- is there an emergency vet in your area? It might be a good idea to take her there immediately to have the wound cleaned and get antibiotics.
  8. Your kitty must be a scrapper if she got away w/ just one bite.... it's good that she's eating.
  9. Please don't let her out anymore unless you are with her. She is very lucky she wasn't killed. I hope she is feeling better soon, poor baby.
  10. Poor kitty :sad: I hope she gets better. If I were you I'd call around & see if you can get her checked out tonight...the sooner the better.
  11. Ooh, glad she seems OK. I'd definitely take her to the animal hospital and get her some antibiotics though... it might look OK to you, but you have to be safe with those types of things and they might want to put a stitches in. My cats used to go outside and one got bit by something, and although it looked clean and not deep to me, they did stitch the wound (basically a puncture mark) and gave her antibiotics immediately.
  12. Definitely take her to the vets. Make sure she doesn't have rabies.
  13. Yikes, so sorry to hear about your kitty cat. How is she doing now?
  14. Poor kitty :sad: I hope she's doing better.
  15. Sorry to hear about your cat.