My period only lasts for three days. Is that significant?

1. Or am I just grasping at straws?

My period is very regular, like clockwork. There is a moderate-heavy flow on day one, moderate on day two, and light on day three. Then it's over. Not too much cramping, though that can vary, but it's only during the first day. I guess I have what some women would call "dream periods", but I am hoping that it's not something ominous.

I hope it's just what is "normal" for me, and doesn't indicate something wrong in my uterus...

During my many visits to my OB-GYN, I was never asked about the details of my menstrual flow, so I am guessing that it is irrelevant.
  2. Today is my first offical ob/gyn appointment. They asked me how long my period usually lasted.

I will give the Dr a call.

According to Chinese Medicine, 7 days of red blood throw is the best.
  3. Yeah but every woman is different.

Also I didn't start menstruating until I was 14.
  4. I have had the same type of periods since I was 13. My OBGYN says it's fine!
  5. 3-7 days is considered normal, any more or less and you may want to consult the doc, but if your period is ultra regular and three days, that's probably just fine for your body.
  6. That seems pretty normal. Most women are 5 to 7 days but I know many ob dr's that say 3 to 5 days is fine too.
  7. You do have a "dream" period!! If you are concerned about it, try charting temp and that will tell you if you are ovulating consistantly (sounds like you are)...
  8. My AF is getting shorter with age. I had 5 days when I was a teenager, now I get around 3 ~ 4 days with 1 day of heavy flow.