My Oxblood First arrived just now!!!!

Chloe---The bag is actually not as matte looking as it looks in the pic. When I resized it, it sorta "burred" it a bit and took away some of the shine. It's by far not what I would call shiny, though, it's more like it's really luxe looking. I can't describe it, but it's not flat or matte. :smile:

Odd---while I asked for the least shiny, least marbly/veiny, thickest of the lot, Daphne did tell me that they were all thicker and less marbly than the leather we've been unhappy about this last couple of seasons(late 05 and early 06). She did say that some bags seemed a bit more distressed, though(she said the Blueberry/Blue Roi esp the City looked more distressed). On the whole, the leather is much thicker and not anywhere near as marbly(in my case not marbly at all) as before.

Bbagbubba---the Bordeaux First was purchased recently from BalNY(they got a shipment in from the warehouse a couple weeks ago). I heard there were 2 batches of the 05 Bordeaux---an earlier batch with gorgeous thick leather and a later batch with the think crackly one I had. Plus, the Bordeaux I ordered had been sitting in a warehouse neglected for a year so the leather dried out terribly.

Thanks again everyone for the congrats and compliments--she's a real beaut! I just sprayed her with 3 coats(I let her dry an hour in bwtn coats) of AG Rain and Stain repellent Spray. After this 3rd coat dries, I'm going to give a couple extra coats to the handles. It looked like it darkened a wee bit at first, but then once it dried it lightened back to the original gorgeous Oxblood shade. :love: