My Ochre Patent Muse

ctm19

Jun 14, 2006
So here are some pics of my new love, Ms. Ochre Patent Muse! :yahoo: I went into the YSL boutique in San Francisco on Sunday to buy a large black or chocolate Muse but was totally drawn to this bag. I spent about an hour parading in front of the mirror with it and other bags trying to decide. Elise, the SA who helped me, was very patient and gracious! Finally I decided I should go with what I really love instead of what would be most practical, so here she is! The camera really doesn't capture the rich, luxurous color of this bag. It looks more orange than it does in real life - especially with the flash. If the fog ever lifts here in cloudy SF I will take some more photos in the sun to try to truly capture the color. The bag is lined in a gorgeous chocolate satin and the hardware I think is a little bit mellower gold than on the black and choco, but it might just be the way it plays against the caramel color of the patent leather. One other difference I noticed is that Yves Saint Laurent is not stamped on the front under the lock. I noticed this on the other patent bags as well - must be some issue with stamping in patent. Anyway, I am so happy and can't stop staring at/loving my bag! :upsidedown:

IMG_6534.jpgIMG_6539.jpgIMG_6540.jpgIMG_6535.jpg

That's a really interesting color that is sure to attract lots of attention. Looks like butterscotch candy to me! :smile: Congratulations, and welcome to the Muse club!

Patent is supposed to be "big" for fall, according to all the mags...so you're way ahead of the curve!

Congrats! I was drooling over that bag a few months ago but wound up with something else. But that is such a great color. It'll look great with jeans, black, grey, even a nice contrast with a color like pale blue!

Thanks everyone! I am so happy with it. The SA showed me a gorgeous burgandy patent wallet and said the Muse also comes in that color. It was sooo beautiful. She said the store got one in and it was gone within an hour! I would love to see that bag IRL.