My NEW VINTAGE BB........

AMAZING!!!!!!!! This is why I want a Black Box Kelly!!!! I hope to be able to pass down a gorgeous bag with so much history to my children/grandchildren someday. What an awesome find!!!!:heart:

WOW!!! You are one lucky duck to have been united w/ her!!! Treasure her always and I have no doubt that you will give her a good home!!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL and a RARE find!!! CONGRATS!!!

Thanks for all the VERY SWEET and NICE good wishes and replies....dc120, bluxcape, yorelica, dianagrace, Wongnumber, hautemom, minnie, Moviegirl!!!:yahoo: :heart:

GF - just put some YOU KNOW WHAT TO GOOD USE:graucho:
I HEAR a lot of......:sleepy: :whistle:

^^^WN - Mr. Lau is not my type, I would need the kneepads on my EYES?:nuts:

......I think I would :yucky: (puke) if I had to use those kneepads in that territory......Sorry GF, I know he may be a regular customer...and I know he is taken, but....but...:shame:

Wow NHL, I am speechless!!! I wish I will look this good when I am 62!
Do you know a bit about this bags' history and would you share it with us?

1945 - think about it.... WWII has just ended or is about to end, the Germans have left France and somewhere in Paris in a workshop somewhere, an Hermes craftsman has set out to make this bag. Imagine: everybody was starving and living on potatoe peels, but somewhere this craftsman found a beautiful hide to work with... aaahhhh.....

Wow NHL, I am speechless!!! I wish I will look this good when I am 62!
Do you know a bit about this bags' history and would you share it with us?

1945 - think about it.... WWII has just ended or is about to end, the Germans have left France and somewhere in Paris in a workshop somewhere, an Hermes craftsman has set out to make this bag. Imagine: everybody was starving and living on potatoe peels, but somewhere this craftsman found a beautiful hide to work with... aaahhhh.....

Hello -

What a wonderfully evocative picture you've portrayed, and I never thought of it that way until now. Given when WWII ended, this bag must have come about only towards the end of that year. The craftsman no doubt still had to barter his sugar and cigarette rations in order to get all the necessary other supplies to make the bag - the threads, the wax etc.