My new idea for the Theda GM !! What do you think?

Wow, great idea!!! I have a Theda GM too...but the handles and trim are in gold, so I don't think vachetta straps would look very nice with it :s But if I had a MC or Mono Theda, I'd totally do this too! :tup:

That looks really good! What a gorgeous bag and perfect patina -- I absolutely love it :smile: I think it will look better when the strap patina matches the theda patina but I think its only noticable to us tPFers and addicts lol

I ordered a set of handles for my cerises bucket so I have handles for both bags then. I think these I am using now will patina nicely as they are used with the Theda and I will have nice new ones for my basically new Cerises bucket. The set of handles are below $100. Worth it to me to be able to enjoy the handbag much more than before.
Thank you everyone for your opinions. I guess it is okay then to do this. I haven't had any one say that it is a bad idea, so, I will enjoy carrying it very much now. I just didn't know if it would be going against a Vuitton creed or anything like that. Glad to know all is fair in love and (well making something work better)! :wlae:

i actually don't love the way that looks, I have a Mono Theda GM myself and I think it looks great with the short handles. The bag was made to be worn on the arm or hand held so this looks strange to me. Glad that it works for you tho!!

I think it looks terrific. The only possible negative I can see to it is people might think you're carrying a fake because the handles aren't right, but what the heck if they do, you're happier with it that way and yes it DOES look fabulous! :tup: