My New Hippie Bag and French Purse!

Wow, those look gorgeous together :nuts:!

And I love the idea of doubling the strap over. I'm going to try that tonight with mine.

If you find that you can't come up with a way of doctoring it more sturdily, then you could try ordering a replacement strap for a white shoulder bag and using that on the hippie, in place of the hippie strap. The shoulder bag strap fits onto it - I tried it with mine but my shoulder bag is whiskey and the hippie is khaki/ebony sig so unfortunately they don't go together. I only tried it to see if the size would work. I'm not sure how much Coach would charge for a replacement strap, though.

Wow, those look gorgeous together :nuts:!

And I love the idea of doubling the strap over. I'm going to try that tonight with mine.

If you find that you can't come up with a way of doctoring it more sturdily, then you could try ordering a replacement strap for a white shoulder bag and using that on the hippie, in place of the hippie strap. The shoulder bag strap fits onto it - I tried it with mine but my shoulder bag is whiskey and the hippie is khaki/ebony sig so unfortunately they don't go together. I only tried it to see if the size would work. I'm not sure how much Coach would charge for a replacement strap, though.

That's a great idea! If I cannot find a way to securely hold the strap in place I think I will call and find out if I can order one and how much they are!

That's a great idea! If I cannot find a way to securely hold the strap in place I think I will call and find out if I can order one and how much they are!

Please post here if you do. I bought the same purse at the outlet 2 weekends ago in OH. I love it long, but wouldn't mind another option.

The outlet had many (7/8) Legacy White Hippys, but I bought the only one that was not damaged. There were at least 6 that were damaged with blue marks on them and they were 50% off of $279.00. Mine was just 20% off of the $279.00. (Don't quote me on those prices, I don't have the receipt in hand.) The blue marks were not that bad, hardly visible, and if I were new to Coach and had a hard time spending that much cash, it would have been a happy purchase at 50% off, but I didn't want to get home (hour away) and regret getting damaged goods.