My New Gryson

1. When I arrived all innocence and curious at this forum several months ago, I was a close to a bag virgin as a grown woman could be. I had a Cole Haan olive croc Village something?, and a Ghibli Front Tassel Cream Suede and Leather Hobo Bag that I ordered from Forzieri, and some (ahem) less expensive bags. Then, I bought a Bulga. I drank the kool-aid, there is no turning back. Three bags in the last week.....

I'm finally delurking 'cause my Gryson Skye (in camel) arrived today! I am so excited, and no one in r/l would quite understand. It is so beautiful, everytime I look at it, I love it more. And I can't quit looking at it. It is my opinion that Joy Gryson is genius, and I am sincerely hoping she will include some wallets in her new collection. In chocolate please....

You guys are a bad influence, now I have decided to save for a Balanciaga City. It is amazing how I have learned in just a few short months how to justify.

Also,I am not going to boycott N/M, as my Skye arrived in perfect condition. To Canada. And because they mailed it, customs was pretty much gst.

Happy pursing!

2. Congratulations. I know what you mean. When I got my Skye I fell more in love with it everytime I looked at it. Now I have a Tate and it's also the same. How do you like that inside lining? Isn't it a dream? Best inner lining in any bag I've seen.

3. The lining is amazing. What I can't get over is how the lining is piped with the same chocolate leather that is detailing the outside. The attention to detail is wonderful.

I've seen your pictures with the Tate and the Skye - lucky you.

I think I'm in trouble. :yes:

4. Congratulations on your new Skye!!! I can definitely relate...there's no turning back!

5. Pics please! Sounds gorgeous!

6. Congratulations on the Skye. It's the very same bag that I ordered from BG but when it arrived there was an ENORMOUS customs bill to pay so I, very very reluctantly, refused the parcel and it is now on its way back to the States.
    I'm now just hoping that Gryson is picked up in the UK and I can finally get my hands on the camel Skye.
    Ironically I bought the Skye in military through Shoptwigs and the customs bill was negligible but I didn't like the colour and returned it.
    Much as I love the bag, adding the customs charge to the $695 made it one expensive bag. Just wasn't meant to be, I guess. Enjoy your Skye, and I agree the lining is just beautiful.

7. Thank you!

I'm going to try for a photo, but I am somewhat pc challanged, and I am unsure how to post them.

I am so sorry about your customs woes - I was just holding my breath waiting to see how much it was going to be, I was just so happy when I saw the $ on the delivery slip.

Does anyone who has a Skye know if it should be treated? Should I be ordering some LMB products? I read in another post that the leather develops a lovely patina the more it is used, and just the style of the Skye seems to suggest that it would look fabulous if it was a little distressed. I'm just not sure what to do.

8. Congrats :biggrin: may you wear it in good health!

9. Congrats!!

10. Congrats!! I think the Gryson's are amazing bags, I really love the Skye! Use it well!

11. I have to see this! Photos, someone, please!

12. Congratulations.

13. Oooh congrats. I have a black Skye & I love it. Wear it in good health!

14. I'm looking into getting the Olivia to use as a messenger bag. Has anyone used their's like that, or know how long the straps are?

15. I took some pics - hope this works!

[​IMG]