Food My new favorite breakfast concotion!

LaurenAshley85

Loves Mr. Turtle!!
Mar 24, 2007
I love eating breakfast at Panera, especially their egg souffles. So I decided to try and make a souffle of my own, not exactly like Panera but it's still yummy!!!

Here's what I do if any of you would like to try it out:

I take a deep dish (something with high sides) and spray some Pam on it (you can use butter or oil, whatever you choose)

Line the bottom with a bread of your choice. I've been using white bread. You're also going to want to put bread around the sides so the whole inside of the dish is covered from tip to bottom.

Put your favorite ingredients in! My mom bought those Kraft Single cheese slices so I take one of those as the bottom layer. Make sure to rip the slice up and scatter it throughout the bottom. Then a slice of ham goes on top, again ripped up into little pieces, followed by another slice of cheese.

Another slice of bread should be placed on top of everything so that it forms a lid. Everything should be completely covered up.

Last but not least, get your eggs. Add salt, pepper, milk, and scramble. I usually use two eggs but you can vary depending on the size of the bowl you're using. Then pour the eggs over top of the bread so that it absorbs into the whole thing...it's okay to have some excess on top, it'll absorb and cook when it goes into the oven.

Lay another half slice of cheese on top so it gets nice and brown. Get a deep round pan and fill it almost half way with water, then lay the container in. Stick the whole thing in the oven at 475 degrees for half an hour and viola!!! A WONDERFUL egg souffle!

Very fattening, but soooooooo incredibly yummy.

Love Panera's Egg Souffles too, especially the bacon spinach one.

My usual breakfast concoction is unfortunately only "Bear Naked" (but boy they are great tasting) lately.... on a diet till my desired weight is achieved.

I saw this recipe a couple days ago and wanted to try it out, and since I've been doing so well, I'm in the process of making it for myself. I used wheat bread (lo-cal), low-fat cheese, turkey breast, and added fresh spinach and tomato. I also didn't add the cheese to the top. It's cooking now and I will let you know how it turns out! looks delish!