My new custom-made garnet and diamond pendant *pics*

1. This is my first thread in the Jewelry subforum!

The story: when I was 21, many years ago, my mom gave me an 18k white gold ring with a green tsavorite garnet solitaire. I didn't wear it very often, mainly because the only finger it fit on was my left-hand ring finger.

Anyway, I got engaged and we decided to use this ring for my diamond. Took out the garnet and set it aside to be repurposed in a pendant someday. Three weeks ago I FINALLY got around to doing this (I've been married for two years lol).

I went to my very favorite jeweler in the world, Derco Diamonds in San Francisco. Picked out the setting and had them make it for me. It just arrived today and I LOVE IT! :heart: I am going to see my mom on Saturday and wear this necklace, she will be very surprised.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the end :smile:

2. It looks beautiful!!! Lovely color.

What does your ring look like...the one you took the stone from and used for your er????

3. Oh, how gorgeous!!!!!

4. Here is a pic of my engagement ring, it's a very unique and cool setting, IMO. Purchased in 1994 from now-defunct Laffoon's Jeweler's in Seattle. The diamond (from Derco) is a marquis-cut stone, H (near colorless), only 1/3 carat but the cut makes it look bigger than it is.

ering_1.jpg
  5. another pic, including how it looked with the garnet before it was cleaned and polished and reset with my diamond.

ering_3.jpg ring_2.jpg
  6. I love your necklace a lot. It's such a gorgeous color.

7. Very cool! I love the way both pieces came out. And you're so right... that diamond looks WAY bigger than 1/3 ct.!!!! :yes:

8. Thank you! I think it's kinda funny that it will be constantly mistaken for an emerald :biggrin:

9. it is beaufiful!

10. I love your tsavorite! It's so rare to see them in that size; they're usually tiny!
    Congrats!

11. Congrats!!! Very pretty necklace!!! I got my engagement ring from Derco at the Gift Center!!! I don't live in the Bay Area anymore, but I was visiting SF and discovered that Derco had a store at the Westfield Mall right outside of Bloomies. As I was talking to them, they said that I could have my engagement ring cleaned and have the band polished for free, so I took advantage of it and the ring came back looking brand new even though I've had it for 8 yrs!! Love them!!!

12. Jane, your necklace and ring are beautiful. I love how you've set the garnet, and your e-ring band is very unique.

13. Great job on both!! I think the garnet looks way better as a necklace piece. It really shows the beautiful colour!!

14. I agree. Great job on both. Two 1 of a kinds, how wonderful.

15. It's beautiful!