My new coach tote, plus a question

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Everyone!

I think that I just got a good eBay deal on this coach:

I bought it b/c it perfectly matches my small coach hobo that I got at Nordstroms. The seller has a rather sketchy looking bag for sale too, but I had her send another pic of the interior of this one, and it seems to look jjust like my real one...w/ the same zipper pulls, font on the creed, etc.

Anyway, speaking of buyer's remorse (as they are in another thread for general discussion) my only concern now is that it won't be big enough for school papers and stuff. I'm hoping that I can somehow jam my folders in there! Oh well, otherwise it will just become a great big purse:smile:

Anyone have a coach tote this size -- 9 inches high, 13.5 inches long, with a zipper top? Does your school/work stuff fit?
  2. Yeah.. that gallery tote that she has listed is pretty fakeroo.

Sorry I can't help you out on sizing, but I'm sure someone will be able to ! :smile:
  3. Thanks Ayla. I'm a sucker for eBay and need to quit these impulse buys b/c I'm always nervous that I'm just getting a fake...

If it's real though, it would be a good deal:smile:
  4. I think Ayla is right. I follow Coach pretty closely and I have never seen this bag. There is one similar to it but there is silver beading down the front sides.

Hey, as long is you love it, that is all that matters! :smile:

Enjoy it! :smile:
  5. IT looks like its close in size to the piano bag(LV) and i'm able to fit file folders in there, plus all my regular stuff i carry without an issue.
  6. I have the coach shoulder tote in all black leather listed on eBay. It is basically new; I had buyer's remorse and they wouldn't take it back. It's listed at $250 if you are interested.
  7. it's probably a real bag. i have one in all black. the style #6082--it's a couple years old.
  8. I've seen this one in black but I can't say if it's authentic or not. My best bet would be to ask for a clearer pic of the inside tag. If it has the target sign, you're fine. If not, I have no other way to tell. My friend has one in black from the outlets.
  9. what exactly is the "target sign"?
  10. Thanks guys! Misslola and CityIvy, I hope you are right. Thanks everyone else too -- this is great stuff to look for. What is this target sign? Now I'm nervous to see if I have one:smile: The OTHER bag she has listed looks obviously faked out, but I still have hope for this one...

Bagfetish, I wish I were getting an LV piano too, but this is it for now:smile:
  11. The target sign is a little circular mark Coach stamps on the creed of bags sold at their Factory stores. There's an X mark for bags sold at discount stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. The tote you won looks real, but that "gallery tote" she's selling is completely fake. The signature fabric is crooked and the C's are too skinny. Wonder how she got it, maybe she doesn't know it's fake?

ETA: here's pictures of the target on my Soho buckle tote and the X on my Soho wallet. The tote was bought from eBay, the seller bought it at a factory store. The wallet was found in a bin at Marshalls. What a steal!
    target.jpg xmarksthespot.jpg
  12. ^^ I feel more comfortable knowing that the bag I want on Ebay has a little target sign or X (or plus sign as some people would say) and that it doesn't look like a doctored target or X sign. Without those, I have a hard time telling if it's real or not so I consult our lovely members here for help.
  13. hmm...i don't know about the target sign. there are a few bags that i have bought from the coach store (within the last few years) that do not have the target sign. but i am positive they are real since i got them from the coach store.
  14. If you got them at the regular Coach store they won't have a target. Anything you buy at a Coach factory outlet *should* have the target, it's standard procedure for them to apply it to factory store items. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if occasionally a factory store gets overflow from the regular stores that's not been stamped.
  15. Wow, thanks for solving the mystery of the target.

I'm nervous for this bag to arrive, I hope it's ok! Meanwhile I'm already thinking that I need to get another, larger, tote as well. Maybe Kate Spade. This forum is getting to be a bad influence;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.