My new CC Lace Necklace - a keeper or no?

Should I keep this necklace?

1. YES, Love It!

2. Nope, it looks hot but I just can't justify spending that much on it!

3. No coz I don't even like it.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. My new CC Lace Necklace bought today.

$995 plus tax

How do you all like it? I think it looks nice and I could see it will go with many tops for the years to come, it's unique with the real lace, and the large CC is kinda edgy yet with the pearl and the black and white combo should still be a classic and timeless....

But due to the price, my heart keeps changing, one minute I love it, the other minute I was thinking about returning. To keep or not to keep??
    CC Lace Necklace.JPG DSC01717.JPG DSC01720.JPG DSC01721.JPG DSC01722.JPG
  2. I don't know what to say! I love the style and the design of the necklace, not to mention it looks great on you too! But I myself wouldn't be able to justify the purchase. I would spend it on a purse instead. That's just my preference, if you like it enough, keep it :smile:
  3. bluekit, That is exactly what my dilemma is all about! I like it, but I don't know if I like it enough to forget about the 4 digit number on my receipt.......
  4. I am sorry in advance. I really think the CC's are way to overpowering. I do not like the necklace at all. I hope you wanted an objective opinion. I think it is too bulbous on the neck.
  5. I think this would be a better necklace if they hadn't done the lace on the CC's and that the length was longer, like 30", etc...
  6. If I were you, I would return it and put the $ toward a chanel purse. My spending priorities are as follows: (from most generous --least):

- purses
    - casual clothing
    - earrings
    - clothing for work
    - shoes
    -other types of jewelry (unless it has the girls' best friend in it, then it's a different story.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone has their spending priority. It sounds like your spending priority on a necklace isn't at the level you are comfortable with. If that's the case, I'd return it rather than justifying the purchase. (It's beautiful though, I really like it! :love: Sorry - I know I'm not helping by saying that! :smile: )
  7. thanks everyone, star, objective opion is exactly what I need now. Sometime I got too excited at the store I cannot think with my brain....

Bluekit, my spending priority is also purses, then it's jewelry (but in most cases that mean fine jewelry like gem stones, dismonds or precious metals like white gold and gold).

Also, I also do worry a bit that the logo is too big, esp. since I am petite only 5'1".
  8. love all these comments from fellow chanel lovers, and I love seeing everybody keep coming to vote!! I guess deep inside I kinda hope you gals will talk me out of this so I can save some $$$ :yes:
  9. I don't like it. The CCs are way too big for my taste O_O
  10. I love the necklace, but I feel that most Chanel necklaces are designed for you to wear many at once (there's a Chanel quote about this...I just read it in a magazine but I can't remember it). I think it would look great with a bunch of longer strands, but alone, it'a bold piece that's difficult to pull off. Do they have another necklace with the lace motif that's more versatile?
  11. there'a another pendant $250, Just a chain with a small regular looking cc on top of a little ball covered with lace.
  12. I have to agree with Star. I would return it. For that price I have to like it immediatly if I doubt about it , it tells me I don't like it THAT much, to buy it (now)
    I hope you will find something else instead. I think a longer chain with the CC's would look nicer!
  13. My first thought was that the CCs are way too big in this case. :sad: hikarupanda, I really loved the runway featured necklace/belt in your earlier thread, but the price tag was :throwup:.

If you have doubts about keeping it, then it's probably best that you return it. It's still so early in the season that, if you do regret the decision, you can always repurchase it at a later time. :smile:
  14. I personally don't like it and it is VERY expensive for costume jewelry.

I say, if there is any doubt at all don't keep it.

It is unlikely that a lukewarm feeling will develop into something more over time.
  15. It's nice but my first thought too was that the cc are too big.
    The necklace you mentioned in your last post sound really nice though!