My new bowler

Your concerns with the bag was exactly what I had suspected. Much as I love the Bowler, and on what you said, it is now definitely not the one for me. Hmmm... wonder if the flap would be better.

Thanks for the feedback which was of great help to me in deciding on this bag.

Gee... you getting a substitute for the Bowler? What are you having in mind?
I have a few bags in mind, having a hard time deciding on which though. I like the Cruise Reissue in patent, the Red classic from this season that someone posted, the Cruise Cabas (I suspect I won't get this eventually cuz I prefer classic, like my birkin). Cruise have this Lovey Bow bag in gold which I'm also interested in.

Molls - I am really dying to see the Modern Chain hobo - the crescent shaped bag with the single strap. I might have one sent and then make a decision between it and the metallic bowler.

I definitely understand your angst about which bags to choose and also about being responsible with your spending. I think the MC collection looks funky and - well - modern, but I see it as being easily replaced by something newer and even more modern next year, whereas the metallic bowler will be more timeless. A guy at work commented on my bowler today, and no guy ever notices my bags. His comment was that it looked expensive.

I'm definitely going with the metalic bowler as I've been in love with this line since it came out. I just absolutely adored the off white small bowler but I need to get over it now.

That guy at work has good taste and knows an expensive bag when he sees one :yes: .

I really want the bronze deerskin shopping tote next! But I have to pay off my Bowlers first (yeah, right, lol!).

Molls, please share pics of you rocking your new bowler when it arrives!!

Sophia, since this your thread :smile:, you made the right decision on returning a bag that wasn't right for you. Your perfect Chanel is out there!

what are the measurements of your bag???

hi you said that she has got the medium sized bag, but for ex. few celebs have the med. sized bag and it looks a lot smaller than the one she got on. u sure she hasnt got the biggest one possible???

Attachments

• 417.jpg
    417.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 60_1.jpg
    60_1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 60
  • adam_rachel4.jpg
    adam_rachel4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 57
The small and large size cannot fit on the shoulder. The medium fits. It is probably due to Sophia being small boned coupled with the fact that her pictures are close-up shots that make it appear larger.

So Roey I have a question for you! Sorry to make you choose between your babies but if you could only have one, would it be the flap or the bowler?

Do you think the flap is just a little more practical because you can wear it comfortably on the shoulder?

Hi Roey,

Thanx for the info - I did have the blck boweler sent to me in large - way too big!!! So happy you're enjoying the beautiful medium. The Chanel resort line will have the medium in a deep silver and Khaki - both metalic. I'm loving some of the new bags for spring and resort. Sorry to say that the modern chain line is just too heavy for me to tote around - love the look though, it's so heavy it should come with a workout video!! Thanks again for the info!

i have a stupid question...i'm sorry if its been asked before. the bowler that rachel bilson has is the goatskin or the deerskin? it looks like the deer...